Bricked BIOS

Bricked BIOS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matúš Pös
    Participant

Hey guys, I managed to brick my bios. I tried to install new BIOS, but i chose bad version. My tablet has A5C6 and i tried to install a5c8. Any idea on how to unbrick it ?

deadby15
    Participant

I did exactly the same thing, and had to send the tablet back to China so it could be reflashed. (-_-)

Matúš Pös
    Participant

I did exactly the same thing, and had to send the tablet back to China so it could be reflashed. (-_-)

Thanks for reply. How much did the reflash cost ? Do you think I could somehow blaim it on “bad windows update”or something like that 😀 ? Or would i have to cover the costs ?

Iñigo Martinez Lasala
    Participant

You have to buy a CH341a programmer with a clip and reflash the chip manually from a PC. No need to remove BIOS chip from tablet but you have to desolder battery pins.

There is a post in this forum about BIOS mod where I tell my (successful) experience reprogramming BIOS.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/bios-mods-whos-game/page/3/

Nicola
    Participant

inigo-martinez-lasala

Did you tried to change bios settings in order to activate OTG Charging and other stuff?

Matúš Pös
    Participant

inigo-martinez-lasala Did you tried to change bios settings in order to activate OTG Charging and other stuff?

Could you give me more info please? I cant even turn it on .

Iñigo Martinez Lasala
    Participant

inigo-martinez-lasala Did you tried to change bios settings in order to activate OTG Charging and other stuff?

Could you give me more info please? I cant even turn it on .

You have to open physically the tablet and reprogram BIOS flash chip with a flash programmer and a clip. It’s not very expensive. About 20-30 USD/Euro.

Iñigo Martinez Lasala
    Participant

Yes. In fact only unlocking hidden BIOS settings to test from BIOS menu.

Nicola
    Participant

hope you can enable OTG charging… would be very useful for all of us 😉

Carlos
    Participant

I have a similar situation.

I’ve received an A5C8 versión from banggood. In BIOS Setup, it said tPad 1.02 version, and in CPU-Z, it said the BIOS was from January 15th 2016.

So I downloaded that 15GB pack that there is over there, to convert A5C6 into A5C8, extracted  the BIOS update folder, copied to C: drive in the tablet, charged the tablet up to 80% at least, and began to flash it. Procedure was OK, flashing showed PASS in big ascii drawing.

After that I tried to restart the windows, and the tablet in the turning off process, began to install windows updates… The it switched of, and I cannot power it on again…

Is there any solution? from then it’s charging till it gets 100% battery.

Saludos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar