Bricked tablet

Bricked tablet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bruno
    Participant

Hi, I have an Hi8 Pro single boot that I tried to flash the dual boot bios a few months back and bricked it.

Where can I find an image to restore the bios with an SPI programmer? The tablet’s S/N ends in 4136 and the bios chip is a Winbond 25Q64.

I’m desperate, this has been a paperweight for so long, I used it only for a week, any help is greatly appreciated.

Bruno
    Participant

@Chris G

Bruno
    Participant

Can I use the 8MB file from the bios update zip?

Vedran
    Participant

Would be useful to know all numbers apart from the last four in order to determine BIOS version needed.

Bruno
    Participant

PQ32G22151104136

Bruno
    Participant

Could someone with an SPI programmer dump the bios image?

Vedran
    Participant

My tablet is in the same batch as yours. You can find Chuwi recommended BIOS for (y)our serial number here:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-225-1-1.html

Personally, I had a pro put May BIOS for Dual OS Hi8 Pro. Since I did that it works amazingly good – running Build 14393.447.

Unfortunately, I sacrificed bluetooth due to drivers issue. So my solution is not for everyone.

Bruno
    Participant

Do you have an SPI programmer?

Vedran
    Participant

No, I like I said, I gave it to a pro to do it.

Bruno
    Participant

I need to use the 8MByte .rom file from the bios update zip as it is the full bios image, but what will happen to the Windows product key (MSDM) stored in the bios?

Bruno
    Participant

And which 64-bit bios is safe to flash on the first batch of the singleboot Hi8 Pro?

shinebar
    Participant

I had the “black Screen, no LED, noch charging” – issue as well (S/N PQ32G221604) and just programmed the bios with the SPI-adapter. First the official Bios from the Chuwi-Forum, after that the one with the fix for the SD-Card. Both doesn’t change a thing – any hints for me?

Battery is 3.7 Volts (when disconnected from the Mainboard). USB-Current is arround 0.15 Amps @ 5.1V when plugged in, but no led etc.

Bruno
    Participant

I managed to unbrick it.

First press Erase, then press Blank to verify the chip is empty, then load the 8MB file from the bios update zip and press Program.

shinebar
    Participant

I managed to unbrick it. First press Erase, then press Blank to verify the chip is empty, then load the 8MB file from the bios update zip and press Program.

Hm. Tried that again, Erase, Blank, Write, Verify without any Errors – no sign of life until now. I think I’ll leave the tablet on the charger for some hours.

Bruno
    Participant

Maybe you’re not using the correct bios. Do you have a singleboot Hi8 Pro?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password