BTW the Winbook keyboard works with the iWork 11 only about $20

BTW the Winbook keyboard works with the iWork 11 only about $20

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iwork11 Stylus BTW the Winbook keyboard works with the iWork 11 only about $20

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Xuen
    Participant

I wanted to get a keyboard that used the pogo pins on the iWork 11 but didn’t want to spend $50 some odd dollars on it so I use the WinBook 5 pin pogo keyboard instead.

I’ve fully tested it all the keys work without doing anything to software or the keyboard itself.

You do have to physically modify the keyboard itself since the placement holes don’t match up and the magnets on the keyboard repel the tablet.

The way I fixed it was I took a hot knife and cut off the original plastic post-nibs and sanded the areas flat then I placed them inside the tablet holes and placed a little super glue on the outer end lined them up to the keyboard so the plastic nibs would stick in the right spots, I then marked them and cut those areas out and melted it smooth with a hot paper clip.

you can lift up the plastic like in my picture to get at the magnets and pull them out with some tweezers to rotate them so they attract the magnets in the tablet.

I made some metal posts out of some thick jewelry wire and hot glue gunned them into the keyboard as new post for the iWork 11 tablet.

The only quirk is in Android swiping the mouse pad right to left launches the contacts app and swiping left to right is like hitting the back button. Not sure if that’s just me or not. In Windows 10 mode there is nothing unusual. Other then that the keyboard works 100%.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great find and mod info to get it working!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password