Buy or Wait?

Buy or Wait?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Buy or Wait?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am about to buy the Mix Plus, but I would like to know if Cube will release a Cube Mix Plus sucesor on December with better specs.   Besides I´ve read some temperature issues and it seems the original pen is hard to find. By the way, I have the Cube i7 Stylus active pen. Do you know if this is compatible with Cube Mix Plus? The 1024 sense pressure would work Right? Thanks!

Algorithm
    Participant

I would say go for the cube mix plus.  If you wait any more, it will be a similar situation waiting for the one after as well.

There are temperature issues with this device, but this can be somewhat reduced by undervolting and/or thermal mod.    Even just something as simple as putting a thermal pad between aluminium heatsink and backplate of tablet is enough to reduce temperatures quite a bit.

The Cube i7 Stylus pen will work  (Its not active surely, but electromagnetical)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Algorithm! 😀 . Yes, you´re right: It is electromagnetical  XP . My doubt is because Cube Mix Plus was released  last December, and we are next to December now, and recently Chiwi announced  Chuwi CoreBook  Core M 13.3″ tablet with 1024 sense pressure pen an 6 GB ram. But I DO preffer Cube and Wacom.

Algorithm
    Participant

The 1024 pressure level technology is in the display rather than the pen itself.  The Core I7 Stylus pen will work perfectly on it.   Great thing about the cube mix plus is that it is compact (10. 6 inch) and can be used as a standalone tablet as well.   It also gives higher performance than the core-m surface pro 4 (due to kabylake processor and full hd resolution – rather than the extremely high resolution of the surface pro 4) – Thermals on surface pro 4 are better but with the thermal mod on cube mix plus, it will excel.

Chris G
    Keymaster

i7 Stylus, i7 Book & Mix Plus stylus, all the same WACOM pens. Even the Galaxy Note pens works, these are Wacom ones. But not as good as the original ones.

No news on a Mix Plus, Intel seems late with the new Core M3 8y30 or whatever it may be called. I’ m not sure if Cube will rehash the design for the 4th year in a row. I think it’s the end of the line for the Mix Plus at least at 10.6″. So best to get it.

I’m sure they will have a successor, but expect something more like the Surface Pro, maybe using the same 12.3″ 3:2 ratio screen now that it’s not exclusive to Microsoft anymore this year.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Chris! So you think it will be a new Core M Cube tablet on December? Because 12.3″ and maybe 8gb ram would be nice. (I work in drawing, animate, graphic design and video edit) . If that is the case I´ll wait, but if  they will release it on June 2018 I´ll go for the Mix Plus right now . I had the Cube i7 Stylus and it was amazing… until that terrible sad day I broke it. By the way, I´ve read someone suggesting to try to charge the tablet using the USB port. Dont. DONT.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Maybe but we aren’t likely to see anything until next year now, hopefully, 8GB and the new 8th Gen chips. But it won’t be $279 like the Mix Plus currently is.

You mean charging it via USB type-c, I never had issues with mine doing that.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

$279?? Where??? :O .   I saw it 299 at GearBest.

I pluged in my cube i7  a usb hub wich was conected to the 12v plug.  The Tablet turned out and never turn on again :(.  The service told me Motherboard died 🙁 .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I´ve bought it! I hope It arrives whitout problems XD. THANKS!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Uh-oh???  before I asked here, I asked about the I7 Stylus pen at GearBest. They´ve just answered this.  Are they right?

<table id=”LPContainer_15104069266280.5613809314772249″ role=”presentation” cellspacing=”0″>
    <tbody>
    <tr valign=”top”>
    <td id=”ImageCell_15104069266290.39702118237594086″ colspan=”1″>

</td>
    <td id=”TextCell_15104069266300.8229347462889527″ colspan=”2″>

Just US$34.99 + free shipping, buy Cube CEP01 Cube i7 Stylus / i7 Book / Cube iWork 11 Wireless Touch Pen online shopping at GearBest.com.

</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Your original question is “Hi! I Know it is for Cube i7 Stylus / i7 Book / Cube iWork 11. But is it compatible With Cube Mix Plus? Because I cant find a pen 1024 pressure sensitive for Cube Mix Plus. Thanks”

Here is the answer from Our Customer service Team:

Hello David,
    We are sorry that the item is not suitable for  Cube Mix Plus.

Algorithm
    Participant

It is fully 100% compatible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Algorithm! Fiú! Thanks for your time guys!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar