Can anyone point me to a good replacement charger?

Can anyone point me to a good replacement charger?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Can anyone point me to a good replacement charger?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bill 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bill
    Participant

I moved my tablet while plugged in charging, and the end of my charger snapped off in my tablet. I Managed to get it out the tablet, but now I haver no charger. I’m not familiar with the charger connection, and don’t know how many wats or amps it needs to charge. I looked at gearbest and couldn’t find a cube charger. If anyone could point me to an alternate charger on amazon or something i’d really appreciate it. As you can probably tell, i’m pretty clueless when it comes to cables and current etc.

Laurent Calderon
    Participant

Hi,

The Cube i9 charger is a 12V/2.5A so I guess you could find a replacement if you know the diameter of the cube connector (I think someone already asked this here or at XDa).

Another good alternative is to buy a UBS-C charger. I bought the “iVoler 75W USB type C charger” on Amazon and an “Aukey USB-C to USB-C 1m” and it works pefectly (plus you have 3 “standard” USB ports for your other devices).

bill
    Participant

Thanks for your response Laurent, iv’e got the iVoler on order. I thought it may be a bit slow to charge, but glad to hear it works fine. I’d also like to get a traditional charger as back up. But, I don’t want to blow up the tablet plugging in one with the wrongs amps or volts or whatever 🙂

vgiozo
    Participant

I can’t recommend it yet, because I just bought it and I’m expecting delivery, but for reference purposeses I bought this one….its 12V 3V…

…the same store sells a 12V 2.5A, but I thought I better get the higher Amp. one, just in case the other falls short or has a hard time providing the rated amperage

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351139735796

scott
    Participant

Hi @bick , i got mine from Argos when i left mine at home and it charges the tablet fine, i had it set to 12v = http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/q/VOLTAGE%2BADAPTOR.htm_2_8

BoORD_L
    Participant

1.2A too low

what about this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-2pcs-x-power-adapter-24W-AC100-240V-to-DC12V-for-3528-led-strip-light/1573060471.html

you can choose amper output

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

bill
    Participant

Hi @kurpter thanks for the Argos link that looks ideal. I’ve got one to pick up, brilliant.

I’ve got the ivoler hub, but feel better knowing i’ve got a normal charger too. Especially as i bought a usb c cable that started to lose connection over time. If my usb c failed, i’d have no way to charge it. Luckilly it wasnt the usb c port, or the ivoler, just the cable.

bill
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate it.

Steven Hepple
    Participant

you just answered 2 questions i had…my usb c to tablet stopped charging properly(it used to be able to fully charge the i9 even if i was using it) so recon the usb c cable is naff. And now know what proper charger to get.

cheers guys.

edit. oops i am now confused..is it 5.5 mm x 2.1mm  12 volt at 3 amp or 5.5mm x 2.5(not 2.1mm) again at 3 amp

Mitsos
    Participant

I can’t recommend it yet, because I just bought it and I’m expecting delivery, but for reference purposeses I bought this one….its 12V 3V… …the same store sells a 12V 2.5A, but I thought I better get the higher Amp. one, just in case the other falls short or has a hard time providing the rated amperage http://www.ebay.com/itm/351139735796

Did you receive it yet? Is the charger working? I think this charger’s size is wrong.

I ordered this one (yet to receive it) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111969067107?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and size is Connector:3.5*1.35mm

Steven Hepple
    Participant

Yes, i will keep my eyes on this thread as i would like a back up normal charger. 3.5mm is right, but the last size has me stumped…it could be 2.5, 2 or 1.35. Now as the above charger is actually for the cube i9 i would guess its the right size…..heres hoping.

Mitsos
    Participant

Yes, i will keep my eyes on this thread as i would like a back up normal charger. 3.5mm is right, but the last size has me stumped…it could be 2.5, 2 or 1.35. Now as the above charger is actually for the cube i9 i would guess its the right size…..heres hoping.

The width of the charger is 3.5. The second number is for the length I think. If it is the length it wont matter as long as it is 1.35 or over.

I am not sure that it is the length though, make sure before you order

bill
    Participant

Argh, I triedd the Argos charger and my i9 switched off and won’t come back on. The red charging light doesn’t come on when I try to charge via USB c. I’m sure I’ve fried something.

Doea

Does anybody have an idea????????

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password