Can I power external speaker from micro USB port?

Can I power external speaker from micro USB port?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion Can I power external speaker from micro USB port?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Arjan
    Participant

Hi,

Got myself a HiBook Pro last week and have a question: will the micro-USB port on this device act as a host by default and power an external active speaker? I’m guessing not as it looks like this is a micro-B connector and not a micro-A connector, however it would seem to me that this being a host USB port would be the most commonly used purpose, to connect a mouse or keyboard for instance.

Would I need a OTG cable and would that work with something as simple as an active speaker which simply expects the voltage to be on the right pins for charging?

Another problem is that the speaker has a mini-USB connector rathern than micro-USB and I cannot find any cables for that. Also I’m not even sure if I did find a cable if it wouldn’t be wired the wrong way around.

I’m confused.

sourav
    Participant

I have a solution for your problem. You buy a type-c OTGĀ adaptor and a mini usb cable. Use type c port as it can power your speaker. My external 1tb hdds can draw power through type c port

Arjan
    Participant

A bit late for me to reply but just wanted to say thank you for responding. I guess that solution would prevent me from also charging the Hi-Book Pro at the same time (or maybe not, I’m not sure what a type-c OTG adaptor looks like, will Google), but maybe that is not neccessary for most car trips.

Unfortunately I’m having problems with the HiBook Pro and have requested a refund, I’ll start a new thread on that because I could use some advice.

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar