Cannot find the perfect tablet

Cannot find the perfect tablet

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Cannot find the perfect tablet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

I recently discovered this site and the wonderful world of chinese tablets and have been looking in depth at them for the past two days. However, I cannot seem to find the perfect tablet for me. I came so close to buying the Cube i7 Stylus but the battery life was just too little. Is it possible to buy a 12V 2.5A portable power bank as this would solve the main problem I have.

If not, is there any Atom based tablets that support Wacom or other active stylus’?

EDIT: On a sidenote, how far away will it be before Skylake is released, and more importantly, utilised in Chinese tablets?

Evan
    Participant

You might get better answers if you say what actually defines the perfect tablet for you. How long do you need it to run for? Android or Windows (or both)? How much storage? How much RAM? What’s the budget?

James
    Participant

Sorry for the vagueness. The problem is I cannot really decide on what I want as there is always a compromise! I will try and list down the features I am after:

• Price WITH keyboard dock < £300 ($450)
    • Wacom Stylus
    • 4GB RAM
    • 64+GB ROM

I realise I am just listing the i7 stylus specs now! It would be perfect if it had a larger battery. Does anyone know the chances of USB type C being implemented into Chinese tablets soon? I have read they can transmit up to 100W of power (20V, 5A), which would be more than enough to charge a device like this. It would be much more practical with a usb charger than a 12V DC.

Liam
    Participant

In terms of an external 12v battery I have the Anker Pro 2 20000 mah and its awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-20000mAh-Aluminum-Multi-Voltage-Technology/dp/B005NGLTZQ

The max output for 12v is 1.5A though…

James
    Participant

Wow, that looks very sleek. I didn’t realise Anker did DC charging. I think I’ve decided to get an atom based device for now and then hopefully some time next year there will be some Skylake based devices with nice fast USB-C charging!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar