CDK09 keyboard shift & control & arrow key function

CDK09 keyboard shift & control & arrow key function

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book CDK09 keyboard shift & control & arrow key function

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TS.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TS
    Participant

Hi, I bought a CDK09 keyboard to go with Cube i7, and was happy typing along until I came to this strange situation, and I am unsure if it is just me or do others have a similar experience, in which case there’s something ‘wrong’ with the keyboard.

In Windows, if you hold down SHIFT and press LEFT or RIGHT arrow keys, the selection of text follows.  And if you also hold down CTRL key, the selection jumps a word rather than a character at a time.

What I found on my keyboard is: SHIFT + LEFT/RIGHT works fine, CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT works fine.  But SHIFT + CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT does not work.  Specifically, on left side of keyboard, the SHIFT + CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT does nothing, on right side of keyboard, SHIFT + CTRL + RIGHT works, but SHIFT + CTRL + LEFT does not.  This is so unusual.

Most people may not care, but I use left keyboard side SHIFT + CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT a lot during typing edits.  So this is frustrating and disappointing as otherwise the keyboard works well.  I do not use any keyboard mapper utility, all Windows disability feature (‘sticky’ keys) have been disabled.  I also tried booting into Windows Safe mode, and verified the same behaviour, so it has nothing to do with outside Windows third party programs.

I wonder if this is a Chinese Windows ‘feature’?!  I have not wiped clean the Windows OS when I receive the Cube i7, everything is as when I received the unit.

Can someone else please check and verify if their CDK09 keyboard behave badly like mine does?  If yours work, I may have to request a refund, and return shipping, which sucks.  However, if others experience the same thing, then it is a ‘feature’ of the CDK09, and I have to think of a way to overcome it, possibly using some hotkey utility to remap the key sequence, although this is so much extra unnecessary work.

John Macie
    Participant

My i7book and cdk09 works exactly the same as yours. I don’t type in abundance, so I cannot offer any solutions, but I’m sure you’ll get it mapped or something Good Luck!

TS
    Participant

Thanks for separately and independently verifying the behavior of CDK09, at least I am not going crazy or my keyboard is not necessarily broken.  Looks like it is to remap the combination I want using something like HotKey, this is so stupid.

After posting I also found to delete a word, you can use CTRL + DEL or CTRL + BACKSPACE, which does work on CDK09 and handles deletion of 1 word at a time – something close to what I do with CTRL + SHIFT + LEFT/RIGHT, followed  by a DEL key. Maybe I use this combination instead and have to unlearn my familiar key strokes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar