Charging Problem with X98 Air 3G Dual Boot

Charging Problem with X98 Air 3G Dual Boot

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Charging Problem with X98 Air 3G Dual Boot

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    A Kapasi
    Participant

I have bought X98 Air 3G Dual boot with 64 GB eMMC. Everything is perfect except the charging. First it took me almost 16 hours to charge the tablet first time using original charger. The 2nd time, original charger stopped working at all. I am using now my phone charger with micro USB male – Low amp output but at least it charges. Again, it takes forever to charge the tablet. What is the solution please?

Oguz Kekec
    Participant

If the charger is not working and if you have just bought it there should be garanti. ?

TecKnight

A. Kapasi,
    I, too, recently bought the 64GB model and I am having a similar problem. I found that my charger was getting excessively hot while charging the tablet. At first I thought I had a defective charger, so I bought a different 2.5 amp charger on sale at Frys.
    My new charger is also getting excessively hot.
    This is generally an indication that the battery bank is drawing more power than is available. I was thinking about trying to find a higher amperage charger, but you don’t find too many rated above 2.5 amps.
    Your smaller charger probably has some protection circuit built in so a device can not draw more than the charger’s rated power.
    I will let you know what happens with a bigger charger.
    TecKnight

Oguz Kekec
    Participant

I also have a 64 gb emmc version.. Its charging slow but thats it,..

vidyasagar
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using Samsung galaxy 2.0A charger since beginning. I didn’t tried the teclast original charger. I have no problems till now regarding charging. However it took some 5 hrs to get fully charge. I read in some forums that the lipo battery takes some initial charging cycles to get into full potential. Please correct me if wrong.

TecKnight

FYI.
    One other thing that I am noting is that I am constantly getting the following message in Android:

Throttling brightness due to thermal event

Anyone else getting this message ?

don_bidyre
    Participant

Did anyone get an answer to this?
    I’ve had an X98 Air 3G (Dual boot 64Gb) that has recently developed a charging issue similar to the one mentioned above.
    I’ve been searching the web & found a number of references to tablet charging issues, but nothing so far with a proposed solution that exactly matches my symptoms.

I’ve found that I can charge OK if I shut down Windows, or have Android running, so it’s got to be related in some way to the OS config, or the drivers. Android seems so well behaved (you can almost see the battery meter climb when charging with an active session & it hardly looses any power when in standby all day, so it cannot be the hardware (at least not just the HW).

With Windows running in connected standby, it sometimes charges (slowly) & sometimes drains completely ending up discharged & hibernated.
    The sleep study utility suggests it tends to use about 1-1.5 watts constantly, with relatively little difference between active & standby periods, yet it does not clearly indicate (at least not to me) what is the issue. The main activity reported whilst in connected standby mode is (not surprisingly) the WiFi HW at up to 3%, but with very low packet counts, so I’m at a loss.

Anyone solved this?

Sameer Soni
    Participant

I see so many battery charging and thermal shutdown issues. I bought 2 of these and nothing but problem because of battery from day1.

Jeong
    Participant

I solved this problem, use 2.5V  and 3A charger, it will help u

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nemix
    Participant

Most if not all of these Chinese tablets come with garbage chargers, it’s highly recommended to get a good quality genuine OEM Samsung, Lenovo or 3rd Party Anker, Aukey or even Monoprice charger.

The charger on tablets acts like a power supply on a computer if the power supply is not providing clean power to the device chances are it will eventually damage the device or internal components over time.

Personally, I would not use a generic Chinese charger unless it’s for review purposes and only for a very short period of time.

Stephane Rousseau
    Participant

I solved this problem, use 2.5V and 3A charger, it will help u

I also bought a 3A. 5V charger but the problem is still the same…

My issue is that charging well under windows BUT charging as SLOW USB CHARGE when on Android… And a good charger 3Amp did not solve that issue….

Maybe need 5.3 V charger ? Can you please anyway send the link where you bought your charger on photo please ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar