Chrom(ium) OS

Chrom(ium) OS

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Chrom(ium) OS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Madhias 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wizzard
    Participant

Have anybody tried some Chrome / Chromium OS? I tried CloudReady running from USB, but it randomly hangs/freezes for a few seconds/minutes.

Also tried some https://arnoldthebat.co.uk/ builds, but those even does not boot from USB. Just Caps Lock LED is blinking while the display is black.

Wizzard
    Participant

This guide works for installing original Chrome OS, just the touchpad is not yet supported.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hardware-hacking/chromebooks/guide-installing-official-chrome-os-pc-t3865697

Madhias
    Participant

I tried Cloudready aswell but without Touchpad it is hardly usable.
    Since Chrome OS is Linux based, isn’t there a way to use the drivers used for Ubuntu where they got the Touchpad to work in another thread?
    If Touchscreen/Touchpad/Fingerprint/Tablet Mode Detection work, I might dump Windows or at least Dual Boot both.

Madhias
    Participant

I just tried FydeOS and it works better than CloudReady. Touchscreen and even Stylus work, however the Touchpad still doesn’t work even though you can try out a variety of touchpad drivers when setting up the system. Otherwise it is pretty much usable except for some smaller things

Wizzard
    Participant

I still think that FydeOS is good, but ChromeOS is better, cause it is cleaner and does not contain unknown things like FydeOS does. I think that touchpad will not be supported until ChromeOS switch to kernel 4.19 or 5.0.

Madhias
    Participant

Cloudready 75 uses Kernel 4.19 LTS. I tried it but the Touchpad still doesn’t work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password