Chuwi completely dead: no screen and no (charging) led. Any suggestions ?

Chuwi completely dead: no screen and no (charging) led. Any suggestions ?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi completely dead: no screen and no (charging) led. Any suggestions ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

2 days ago my tablet (Dual boot) suddenly didn’t start up anymore.

I had just tested hdmi out with a newly acquired micro hdmi adapter. Worked both in Android (after reboot) and in Windows.

Then I put it on the (original) charger and put it on standby (powerbutton).

After a while I saw the screen light up and when I looked closer I saw it was rebooting.

It then seemed to have been reset as I got a (kind of) settings screen like after installing windows.

It asked for the correct regional settings, but as I tried to choose the right one the touch screen seemed not to respond correctly and I got some Chinese characters. As I didn’t know what to do next, I chose to try to reboot by holding the powerbutton. It shut off but didn’t start up again.

I then also noticed the charging led didn’t burn nor blink either.

I’ve tried:

• charging overnight
    • charging with a different (high capacity) charger and cable
    • long pressing the powerbutton (tried several lengths of time)
    • pressing the powerbutton short 3 times and then 15 second long press (Emily wrote that somewhere at Chuwi website)

So does anybody have any suggestions ? Would be appreciated a lot …

I own the tablet about 3 months and always has worked without any glitches (not even noise from speakers etc.). Have done the official firmware update a while ago and still have the Automatic Windows driver update disabled.

My set today has just been completed with the aluminium keyboard (have the HiPen for a while). That has a power indicator (red led), which twice has blinked for not even a half second while I again tried to start the tablet with pressing the powerbutton several times and also blinked twice of the several times that I reconnected the power cable in the micro USB.

Jonathan
    Participant

If you don’t have any signs of life from the tablet (no charging light etc.) I’d try flashing the BIOS flash chip directly. There’s a guide on this forum by Bill Christiansen. I would however read out the existing data before wiping it and be sure to remove the SD card etc. first.

Marc
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    I was afraid of that, hoped to hear another possible cause and solution.

Well, let’s start ordering the stuf…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar