Chuwi Hi 10 Plus and Windows Creators Update

Chuwi Hi 10 Plus and Windows Creators Update

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Chuwi Hi 10 Plus and Windows Creators Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

Recently having updated my device, i thought i’d give a small run down of what i did to update my windows to the latest update which is ” Creators Update “. Please note that this is from my experience with my Hi10Plus and it could be different on yours. But if you’re having problems, i’ll try to help where i can. This isn’t a comprehensive way of updating the device and neither is it the only way but its the way i did it at least.

First thing is to charge your tablet – Yes, i know this is common sense but there are probably some people who will just plug in a cable and use it from there but seriously, having a full charge will help.  Second thing is to have space in your C: cause that’s where it’s going to install to. I had 10 gig on mine to start with.

I have driver booster running on my device so i could update the drivers inside. When i ran it, believe me, it had some really old and extremely outdated drivers. Running it really helped when i needed to use it and especially if i gamed on it. Once updated , I then used the Windows Update on the OS itself through the “settings”. I’ve heard of some people who have the update on a USB and then ran from there. Which i did at first but It felt the same to me..speed wise at least. I pretty much did two methods of getting the download, one was using a direct ethernet cable adapter to micro-usb then after that i did the installation of the update.  But in any case, whether you’re doing it via ethernet or wireless, it’s going to take a while. So, just leave it and yes, your tablet is going to run hot while doing it. You can still attach the charging cable to it if you’re scared of running out of battery.

The installation itself is going to take at least half an hour and your Chuwi WILL restart every now and then as it installs. Don’t worry, it’s not going to brick itself nor will it overwrite the android partition of the device. Once done, you can log in as per normal and use your device. If you want some space, you could do a system cleanup which i did and that helped recover a fair bit of C: space in my hi10plus.

Overall, I’ve noticed there are small improvements in performance somewhat and i am pretty much using Edge as my default browser due to Chrome at times lagging.

Now all i need to find is a way to update the android part of my device and i’ll be content. Hope this helps somewhat.

Tiago
    Participant

Nice !! Good Review !

I will update my hi10 CWI515 in some days … But i want to remove a Android partition and the dual boot interface selection and make a full backup with acronis

Anonymous
    Inactive

For that part, I haven’t touched the android to do a update..i’m not too comfortable flashing any part of the BIOs at the moment.

Tiago
    Participant

For that part, I haven’t touched the android to do a update..i’m not too comfortable flashing any part of the BIOs at the moment.

I really needed the Bluetooth works well because i have a bluetooth keyboard.

I contact Chuwi Team by Facebook and their recommend to don’t update a build of windows on my lastest tablet (S/N: 421612xxxx ) 🙁

George
    Participant

I want also  to share some of  my experience too on chuwi hi10 pro.
    The system now feels more stable.
    I think it boots a little faster than before.
    The experience of windows now is better!
    But the best thing here is the space..the free storage space!
    Before the update was on my disc 16gb free. And now after the update is over 25gb free of storage space!!!!
    And keep in mind this isn’t a new installation but it is just an update!!! So I still have all of my software apps/games etc on my disk!!

Just a tip.
    I couldn’t download the creators update so many times was hit & miss. Always was gived me an error. So I went on this page and downloaded this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Tiago
    Participant

I want also to share some of my experience too on chuwi hi10 pro. The system now feels more stable. I think it boots a little faster than before. The experience of windows now is better! But the best thing here is the space..the free storage space! Before the update was on my disc 16gb free. And now after the update is over 25gb free of storage space!!!! And keep in mind this isn’t a new installation but it is just an update!!! So I still have all of my software apps/games etc on my disk!! Just a tip. I couldn’t download the creators update so many times was hit & miss. Always was gived me an error. So I went on this page and downloaded this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Hi,

You make a update via Windows update, right ?

Thanks

George
    Participant

yes but use this file https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter. For some reason I couldn’t get any update on my tablet and I used the troubleshooter in the link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes but use this file https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter. For some reason I couldn’t get any update on my tablet and I used the troubleshooter in the link.

I used that too when i updated but it took a while so i just decided to connect it to a ethernet cable. Like George said hit and miss and also it takes a while to download huge files on the tablet. Not so much on the speed of internet but mostly that Chuwi doesn’t really use a good wifi adapter i think. I bought a wireless AC adapter so connecting to wifi isn’t so spotty.

Just wondering for both of you, when you updated, do you have any issues with your bluetooth?

Update –

I just did a Windows Update this afternoon and for some reason a mouse which suddenly stopped working after pairing is working. Weird but hey..not complaining if it saves me getting a new mouse.

Ensar
    Participant

I love my update, I updated it maybe 2 weeks ago, everything working and it’s running fast. I love it!

Tiago
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for you all to share your experience.

Windows sends update to correct the problem of Bluetooth ?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, Thank you for you all to share your experience. Windows sends update to correct the problem of Bluetooth ? Thanks

So far,its worked pretty well with whatever I used on it. Though I think the Logitech Triathlon mouse is a bit wonky. But so far it’s been working pretty well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a quick update of using the Windows Creators Update since updating –

• Overall, using the tablet feels a lot snappier and faster. From powering it on to loading up Windows.
    • For some people who had problems with their Bosch accelerometer suddenly not work after the update. I would advise on uninstalling it and then reinstalling it manually. Use the Chuwi Hi 10 Plus dump you find from here though. So far I made sure driver booster ignores updating that particular driver.

This is from the Cube iworks forum on techtablets – https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/fixing-the-infamous-bosch-accelerometer-yellow-triangle/

Another for installing the drivers for Chuwi Vi8, its a gist of how you manually install the drivers –

• If anyone can help me with this, i’d be grateful but I am totally unable to update my windows apps in the store and according to forums in other places, its not an update error but the windows store cache is damaged. Believe me, it’s highly annoying.
    • Aside from that, the Creators update plays well with the Chuwi Hi10plus.

Tiago
    Participant

Hi there, Thank you for you all to share your experience. Windows sends update to correct the problem of Bluetooth ? Thanks

So far,its worked pretty well with whatever I used on it. Though I think the Logitech Triathlon mouse is a bit wonky. But so far it’s been working pretty well.

Nice ! I will upgraded soon ! Thanks 🙂
    After i will share my experience !

Temecca Martin
    Participant

did you find out in MS/support forum? cause this solution is might be there.

Tiago
    Participant

did you find out in MS/support forum? cause this solution is might be there.

Information about the upgrade of Windows 10 to the newest version 1703 of Chuwi tablets ? I dont think so …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar