Chuwi HI12 motherboard component fried

Chuwi HI12 motherboard component fried

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi HI12 motherboard component fried

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Hi,

So my HI12 v1 (win 10 only) finally died, after years of difficult charging etc I shut it down one night and plugged it in (was already at around 50% charge) all good so far.. the next night I picked it up to use it and the orange charge light was flashing.. seemed odd as I’m sure I shut it down and plugged it in, as mine would never charge whilst being on. So.. after re plugging the charger, waiting a while the orange light was still flashing and no sign of life from the tablet, not responding to powet button presses, short and long. So I decided to open it up again, something I have had to do before when the bios bricked itself, I plugged in the bios reader and compared the bios to the one I flashed, same – same.. one thing I did notice was there was a burnt out component on the board, can someone please take a photo of theirs and post on here I have taken the burnt out part out and I want to know what is written on the original part so I can source a replacement

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dutchy
    Participant

My motherboard is slightly different than yours in layout. The component in mine at the same spot has the numbers 4061 – 1616. The component near the lower USB port, just visible on the upper right corner in your picture has the same number on my board, but is in a slightly different place. On your picture it is number 4061 – 1547.

Good luck.

Anthony
    Participant

Thanks Dutchy

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,

I also have a Chuwi Hi12 and the same part as in Anthony’s picture fried at mine as well. A second part also fried, which is marked with “CP5R” according to Anthony’s picture.

I was not able to find out which parts those are. I suspect the “CP5R” to be a voltage regulator from Ricoh (“CP” marking) but I did not find a clue that the “5R” part means. Moreover, I did not find anything about the “4061 – 1616” part.

Can someone help me?

Thanks 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password