My Chuwi Hi12 Seems Like it's Dead

My Chuwi Hi12 Seems Like it's Dead

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum My Chuwi Hi12 Seems Like it's Dead

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kris Backs
    Participant

Hi All, I’ve had this tablet for almost two years. I have been quite satisfied overall, but recently I may have burned out something.

It happened when I was charging it, I was away from home and had only one charger which was the Quaalcom Quick Charge 3.0 charger that came with my ZTE Axon 7.  Soon after plugging it in I think I heard a slight ‘tick’ sound and the screen went black. From that point ‘thus quoth the Chuwi nevermore’.

I tried the many button combinations which worked in the past if I had boot issues, nothing worked. I took it apart and found that the battery has a charge, although my multi meter reads 4.0 volts. I tried disconnecting the battery for a time, reconnecting and found no change in behavior. I’m not very skilled with the multi meter, but I have time to figure new stuff out. Neither am I very skilled with soldering, but I do have the tools and have successfully soldered some small components.

Can anyone suggest how I might attempt to bring this thing back to life?

Kris

Hualalai
    Participant

Could be a bad panel… have you tried an external display?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar