Chuwi Hi8 powers off on sleep in both Windows 10 and Android

Chuwi Hi8 powers off on sleep in both Windows 10 and Android

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Chuwi Hi8 powers off on sleep in both Windows 10 and Android

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nemanja
    Participant

I have had this problem ever since I got this tablet (it has been 3 months now). Whenever I lock and leave it, I notice that it turns off after some time and I have to boot it again. This happens in both windows and android, and it starts to bother me because I often forget to save my work, and I can’t have it recovered since the tablet completely shuts down after some time being locked. I would like to know if anyone else experienced this problem, and if there is solution for it.

Thank you

BliNDF123
    Participant

Mine seems to have a problem with the battery, tablet seems to turn off randomly.  It was turning off at around 45-65% but currently it’s even doing it at 85%.  While connected to the charger it will stay on indefinitely so at least with mine it seems to be a battery issue.  Maybe yours might be having the same issue?  I first noticed an issue as soon as I first turned it on really, it wouldn’t come on, I connected it to the charger and saw it was at about 50% which shouldn’t have any problems turning on.  Maybe if it were 5% it would have been understandable.  I’m currently dealing with the company I bought it from for repairs (wish I could get a replacement instead really, I really wasn’t sure on this Chuwi brand when I switched the Teclast I originally had in my order).

konstantinos
    Participant

Seriously, it is so dissapointing….getting a cheap device doesnt mean that you dont want it to work…mine is freezing in both windows and android.  It sucks.  I am considering to never buy from these cheap chinese brands again

Nemanja
    Participant

Maybe, I don’t know. Mine turns off only when it is locked, never while I use it no matter how much juice is left. I didn’t notice a battery drain, when I turn it on again it seems to have the same battery percentage as when I locked it. I’ve seen that there is a replacement battery on aliexpress, so I’m thinking of giving it a try.

Battery replacement

CardinalFang
    Participant

pozdrav

i think your best option is to try and return it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it actually shutting down, or is it hibernating?  Mine was set to hibernate after 240 minutes by default in Windows 10, I’m not sure if Android does something similar because I don’t use it.  The battery drain while sleeping was pretty bad so I actually shortened hibernate in Win 10 to 120 minutes.  It takes maybe 20 seconds longer to boot up than from sleep, but it significantly slows the battery drain.

BliNDF123
    Participant

Maybe, I don’t know. Mine turns off only when it is locked, never while I use it no matter how much juice is left. I didn’t notice a battery drain, when I turn it on again it seems to have the same battery percentage as when I locked it. I’ve seen that there is a replacement battery on aliexpress, so I’m thinking of giving it a try. Battery replacement

I was just looking at the same battery.  GeekBuying agreed to have my tablet returned for repairs but I just went up to the USPS post office and they said $22 shipping!!!  I replaced the battery on a 2 1/2 year old tablet, the Hyundai T7S, it went from lasting maybe 30 minutes to atleast 2 1/2 hours.  It’s not amazing upgrade but then again it was a random battery not meant for the Hyundai T7S as they stopped selling the tablet, the mAh was probably false advertising.  I’m still kind of pissed I didn’t get the Teclast I originally wanted, I feel Teclast is a bigger name so I imagine it’s better quality, but it kept getting pushed to a later date.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar