Chuwi Lapbook SE – not booting properly as newe ssd drive clone was not complete

Chuwi Lapbook SE – not booting properly as newe ssd drive clone was not complete

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Chuwi Lapbook SE – not booting properly as newe ssd drive clone was not complete

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Janelle 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Janelle
    Participant

Hi guys,

I installed a new ssd, so cloned the default drive the lapbook comes with onto the ssd. I thought it was done correctly as it was booting up from the new ssd, so I formatted the old drive. Turns out it must have been booting some of the stuff from the old drive. Each time my lapbook boots up, my trackpad/audio/fn keys/video output do not work.

Can I use the windows IMAGE  in the downloads section to reinstall windows and it will keep my windows key info etc? And also will this new install fix the problem? Thanks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi the key will be in the bios, so you’re fine there.

Yes restoring that image will work. Or just do a new clean Windows 10 install. Delete the partitions in the Windows 10 install setup and then install it.

Then install the drivers: https://techtablets.com/chuwi-lapbook-se/drivers/

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Janelle
    Participant

Perfect thanks Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password