Chuwi LapBook SE start draining Battery

Chuwi LapBook SE start draining Battery

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Chuwi LapBook SE start draining Battery

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nuno 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

nuno
    Participant

I have the Chuwi LapBook SE 32gb emmc + 128gb ssd for about 40 days, and it work great. I fresh install windows 10 on the SSD and clean the EMMC without any issues.

Best laptop for the price i am sure. But…..there is a but. Without any reason it start draining battery in minutes. It only lasts 7 to 9 minutes on battery.

I am not an expert but i open it, did not see anything strange and did the Chris’s mod, hoping for better time. It did get better, but only 15 to 20 minutes i would say.

I contact Gearbest and they offer me 60 euros for me to fixit or i could send them the laptop to Spain which would not be very expensive as i live in Portugal but i will have to pay for transportation, for them to repay. I can see there isn’t my version available on there site now. So i am very indecisive what to do. I will not get the laptop for 240 euros. And maybe i could order the battery assuming it is faulty.

If anyone had the some problem, or could advise me in any way i would be much appreciated.

Thank you

nuno
    Participant

Chris G
    Keymaster

Is that correct only lasting 7 to 9 minutes on the battery? Something is clearly wrong with the battery, horribly wrong for it to only last that long. You could replace the battery pack and that should fix it. But do it under warranty cover.

Does the battery look swollen?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

nuno
    Participant

No, the battery looks completely good and new. I checked the battery status with energy report and it says the design capacity is “0”.

There is also an error saying unknown battery “… maybe firmware problem (bios)…”.

My bios version is 2.19.1268. I have the bios drivers from your site but i am not sure if those are newer or how to update them.

nuno
    Participant

I flash the Bios and it is the some version.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password