Chuwi vi10 plus – Install only Android

Chuwi vi10 plus – Install only Android

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi vi10 plus – Install only Android

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rob4x4
    Participant

Hi, I have a Chuwi vi10 plus running Remix 0S. I want to remove that and just install pure android. I don’t want dual boot Android/Windows.

I’ve seen this thread on how to do it: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html

But it only explains how to do dual boot Android/Windows.

If I want to install just Android do I need to flash the bios first or is the bios that Remix OS uses suitable?

Does the Android/Windows dual boot bios always ask which OS you want to start or can you set it to always start android?

Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hi @rob4x4, once you flash the dual boot BIOS posted on the Chuwi forums, it will always give a 10 Second OS selection screen every time you boot up.  I have not found a way to disable this in the BIOS and I haven’t found where they have posted the single-OS BIOS either so I can’t revert back to it.

You can flash only the Android image using Intel Phone Flash Tool that they provide and then not flash Windows — your tablet would only have Android then.  In fact, the installation process actually requires you to flash Android first, then flash Windows (I should know, I have probably done it about 10 times already!) .. so you could easily just stop after you flash Android.  There is also a modified gpt.bin which user Martin ( @zluti ) uploaded here that will give you 17GB more drive space for Android if you want an Android-only version of the tablet:  http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/chuwi-vi10-plus-remix-os-freezing/#post-49055

I would personally like to try flashing Android WITHOUT putting the dual-OS BIOS on first just to see if it is possible.  Chuwi hasn’t made this original BIOS available so I can’t try it.  I flashed the Dual OS BIOS and I am now stuck with it.

Worst case, if you try it and it does not work to keep the original BIOS, then you can start over and flash the Dual OS BIOS first before flashing the Android image.  If you don’t use the modified gpt.bin then there is allocated about 8GB in Android and about 17GB for Windows, plus a few 100MB-1GB partitions here and there for sytem files, boot partition, recovery partitions, etc.

rob4x4
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Josh. As my tablet rarely suffers from the “freezing” issue I think I’ll wait before flashing bios etc. and possibly making things worse.

I’ve seen people asking Chuwi support for single boot bios for Android or Remix only so I think I’ll wait a bit.

http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2116&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D2&page=6

Also the Remix OS for install is at the start of that forum thread.

The reason I want Android is so I can use widgets on the home screen. Can’t seem to do that with Remix?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar