Chuwi vi10 plus stylus palm rejection

Chuwi vi10 plus stylus palm rejection

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi vi10 plus stylus palm rejection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Josh 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gal
    Participant

Hello,
    Does the vi10 plus supports palm rejection when using the original stylus?

Gal
    Participant

Anyone?

Josh
    Participant

Hi Gal,

At first I had a faulty HiPen H2 and it wasn’t working properly, so I couldn’t test this.  However, I have since received a new HiPen H2 and I can verify that it does support palm reject in all 3 environments currently available for this device (Remix, Android, and Windows).

It is maybe not quite as nice as some other active stylus palm rejection, where even when the stylus is close to, but still not touching the screen, palm is rejected.  Instead, the Vi10 Plus works where only palm is rejected when the tip of the stylus pen is actually already touching the screen.

So if you put your palm on the screen first, then put the tip of the stylus to the screen, it does not work — your palm is giving input.  Instead, if you put the tip of the stylus on the screen first, then lay your palm against the screen after, it is working fine.  You can lift and place the pen multiple times (like writing notes) and it still seems to keep rejecting the palm input for the most part, so it is not too bad.

The active pen also seems to work much better in Windows than it does Android or Remix. But also it seems to be sort of treated as only a pointing device, and not actually a pressure-sensitive pen input. For example, in the Autodesk Sketchbook app, you can’t sketch with this pen using Pen input mode.. it only works to write in touch mode. I have submitted a ticket to Chuwi to see if they can provide more information and possibly a driver that will enable pressure-sensitive pen input, but currently it seems like it is just a very precise touch input that also gives palm rejection as opposed to a true pressure-sensitive pen input like you see on the Microsoft Surface Pro or other similar products.

Android and Remix it also does work ok, but there seem to be more skips and is not quite as responsive as in Windows .. but it is not too bad, either.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password