Chuwi Vi10 Windows comes with Chinese language

Chuwi Vi10 Windows comes with Chinese language

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi Vi10 Windows comes with Chinese language

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wil-vree
    Participant

When I start Windows on my Chuwi , I get Chinese characters in the startmenu and in the explorer foldernames. Also in all control panel menu’s etc.
    I followed some advises on internet, but no luck. Ik even tried to replay it on my windows 8.1 desktop computer and exactly using the same lines in the menus. But no luck.
    Is it something deep in de OS that I should change and how?
    Is it something in the BIOS? and where can I find the BIOS then?
    I also mailed the problem to Banggood, who deliverd my Chuwi, but no answer from there.
    Or should I send it back now as it is unusable to me.

khanhdinh06
    Participant

i have chuwi vi10 version 64gb but only chinese language. i seen you have image win 8.1 chuwi vi10 version 32gb here http://techtablets.com/downloads-drivers-roms/
    can i try flash this firmware on my 64gb version? i have 32gb or 64gb? if you have firmware of 64gb version please upload , thank you so much and sorry for my bad english

DavidKq
    Participant

I was succesfully able to change the language to english but erased android on the process. And I got the touch to work. Here is the link on how to do it:

wil-vree
    Participant

Thank you Chris for the advise. I tried just your video instruction. But no luck.
    I put my effort on my yuotube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-cYEbSI1Q&feature=youtu.be
    There you can see that i dont get rid of the chinese language. Even the explorer and the start menu remain in Chinese. I also sent this to banggood. I wait for answer.
    I also trid creating other users. Had to be hotmail accounts from the GUI. But I also made a few local admin accounts with NET USE command in admin cmd box. But also no luck trying change the language.
    About your next sugestion about downloading the language pack and installing. Is that a straitfrowaard procedure/ or couls it ruin it also?
    And the last sugestion about flashing a firmware rom?
    Is there a clear written procedure for that?
    I hope tha banggod can help me. I can give them remote access , then they should be abel to solve it i hope?

yonkex
    Participant

Is windows 8.1 with bing or is windows 81 single language chinese with bing?
    If is the first, is supposed to be capable of change language, if is the second, maybe can try this:
    http://sergeit.blogspot.com.es/2013/11/windows-8-single-language-mui.html

Go to section: “Method for Windows 8.1:”

And read the comment:

“Alexandre CapelettoDecember 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM”
    For solve problem of black screen

DavidKq
    Participant

Guys I tried the options given in the last two posts and none worked. If you follow the instructions on my last post you will be able to install windows 8 english version with touch working it will erase android though. Then upgrade to windows 10 insider preview. I was able to activate the windows by upgrading to windows 10. Once the Official Windows 10 is out you will be able to install and activate it for free.

Regilio Bouma
    Participant

@chris

or someone could some one link the windows 10 install and stuff? drivers cause the page on this site doesnt work for downlaod :/

wil-vree
    Participant

So this thread is still alive? I never revealed how I solved it. I did not want to tweak with the software, because I wanted a working thing from the supplier and not stick in to many hours of  hobbying with no result. So I Explaind the problem to the supplier and followed their suggestions. (see my youtube video above) They had to admit their fault by sending the cinese version. So they sent me the right one and that worked immediately and is still working.

I am only hoping that there will come a new cheap version with still more cpu power and more RAM. But above all more diskspace added for the system drive, because I cannoot upgrade to Windows 10 because of that.  Perhaps I could if I remove android, but I don’t want that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar