Chuwi Vi8 plus problem with Type C and micro SD

Chuwi Vi8 plus problem with Type C and micro SD

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi8 Discussion Chuwi Vi8 plus problem with Type C and micro SD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vlad.p
    Participant

I have Chuwi Vi8 plus for a month already. Its quite fast and handy but has one big problem.

1.The Type C port works only for charging. I tried to connect few flash cards (512Mb, 16Gb, 128Gb), USB to ethernet addapter, Powered USB hub. None was recognized. Windows reports “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request failed)”.

2. Micro SD slot has a problem as well. If 2Gb card is installed all works well. If 32GB card is installed its not recognized during reboot or power up. Windows reports SD storage Class Controller “This device cannot start (Code 10)  {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.” If pull it out and insert again it works fine and recognized properly.

Guys do you have any suggestion? I can not re image it cause should fix the port first.

Thank you

FeareX
    Participant

Hi,

Same problem with the USB C port for me.

For the SD card: I use a 128GB Samsung EVO microSD card which works fine. Maybe your MicroSD card isn’t working properly or needs to be formatted? Or else reinstalling your SD reader drivers might be a solution?

Kind regards,

FeareX

Josef Valihrach
    Participant

Hi there,

I was worried about type C as well. Luckily this 8 EURO pseudo-hub works for me.. I use keyboard and mouse with it. USB flash was recognized as well, but I haven’t got my hands on unpowered USB HDD yet. Unfortunately it is not really able to charge the tablet, when in use it slowly discharges.. :/ But that may be because of the chuwi charger. The 8GB micro SD works ok for me, I am waiting for 64 one now.

My only problem so far is the HDMI output, both my adapters block the USB-C port which is very annoying. Any tips?

FeareX
    Participant

Oh does that USB hub also works after disconnecting an connecting it while Windows is already booted up? Sounds promising! Does it needs te be connected to a power outlet in order to work?

For the HDMI I don’t really have any tips 🙁

Josef Valihrach
    Participant

Yeah diode blinks so it is kind of charging but, the annoying pop up says it is not recognized all the time, until you plug some device in it.. Like i said, it is a bit fiddly, but I was worried that it will be just costly cable extension.. 😀

antimon95
    Participant

I still did not find working samsung evo+ microsdhc 32gb on my chuwi vi8 plus. Tried different intel sda drivers, works only 6.39 but unstable. Was installed fresh windows 10 but same problem it won’t detect. Tried changing different options in bios acpi/pci, emmc tuning support, ms sd custom drivers, nothing works.
    The only way to get this work is to put in usb card reader. Microsd port works with slower sdcard.
    I was searching there is no bios update, there is only original firmware which i cant download on official chuwi site.

antimon95
    Participant

Now is recognizable and sometimes unstable(5-10 min random dissapear with error device manager). I dont know how, why but i tested in crystaldisk and appears to work in full speed. All i did is installing windows 10 preview mode, and some minor tweaks in windows 10. Ms customsd drivers is enabled in bios.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar