Coil Whine

Coil Whine

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork 5X Coil Whine

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wewine 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sigma
    Participant

Hey guys

does anyone with a 5x have coil whine from the left hand side of the keyboard (where the cpu / mainboard is). I’m referring to a high frequency noise (whining / buzzing) which you can hear if you put your ear close to it. seems to be quite prominent when using processor intensive apps like playing youtube videos. a chuwi lapbook model I had, had no such noise but i see this laptop does – thought it was a bit strange given how low its voltage consumption is.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I can only hear this if I put my ear up to the keyboard when scrolling in Edge. Non-issue on my unit.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

sigma
    Participant

its pretty interesting, the noise appears to differ depending on which website you are scrolling. lol

read some technical docs online and it seems to be with either the quality of components or the design of the mainboard. so no real fix, pity that my place has very little ambient noise to drain it out.

wewine
    Participant

<span data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"Thank you for leave website : TAhttps://betufa.net/"}” data-sheets-userformat=”{"2":513,"3":{"1":0},"12":0}”>Thank you for leave website : TAhttps://betufa.net/</span>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password