July 12, 2016 at 12:09 am #43190Siu LayParticipant
- Posts: 35
This is mainly based on “The big thread of How-Tos” by Laura. I just fill in some of the blank and consolidate it into a step by step guide.
July 24, 2016 at 11:50 am #44338JParticipant
- Download the official restore image. You need this because if root process fail you won’t be able to boot up Android using the disk image.
- For me, only the type C connector + the inbox USB-> type C cable works.I have no luck with other type C converter cable or using the microUSB connection.
- I15-TL 4-11-2016 6-46-35 PM.zip is the driver package from i15-TL. it’s fixed by hand cause driver double didnt backup everything correctly. it also cointains touchsetting.gt
- iwork10_Ultimate_Root_i15tl.zip is the package for rooting. note that you need the appropriate modified boot.img too
- rootbootT.img is the modified boot.img for i15-T(D) kernel version 3.14.37 built on mar 2 18:22:46 CST 2016
- rootbootTL.img is the modified boot.img for i15-TL kernel version 3.14.37 built on mar 16 09:47:51 CST 2016
- Install the intel phone flash tools, or alternatively https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/intel-platform-flash-tool-lite
- Install Intel driver for this tablet http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3739811&d=1462363912
- Remove all SD memory card, keyboard .. etc from your device.
- Go to settings, about tablet and tap 5 times on the Build number to activate developer options
- Go to Developer options and enable OEM unlocking & USB debugging
- Plug in your device while booted into android, then open a command prompt
- Make sure your device is connected correctly by issue adb devices. You should get something like: “0123456789ABCDEF device”
- reboot into fastboot mode: adb reboot fastboot
- recheck it is connected: fastboot devices. You should get the same ID as step 10
- Unlock boot loader: fastboot oem unlock. You get a something like OKAY [ 15.330s] if is successful.
- You should see on the tablet screen: <span style=”color: red;”>SECURE BOOT – DISABLED and LOCK STATE – unlocked</span>
- flash new image: fastboot flash boot “yourbootimage.img” (where yourbootimage.img is the appropriate file .img for your model, see the downloads)
- using the vol and power keys select normal boot
- download and unzip the iwork10root stuff
- open an elevated command prompt (administrator)
- navigate to the unzipped folder of the root stuffmake sure USB debug is ENABLED.
- type “root.bat” in your command prompt
- wait for it to hang on adb shell su –daemon
- disconnect tablet, reboot it
- supersu will want to update su binary, let it do so. it will fail, close it then.
- reconnect the tablet, type “root.bat” again
- should be rooted successfully.
- Posts: 49
Thanks Siu Lay. I followed these instructions and have rooted my tablet successfully.
My type C has a different boot image build time, so rather than using your own, I decided to make my own in case there were compatibility issues. If anyone else has the same build as follows (please check carefully), consider using my modified boot.img which I have attached.
Model number: i15-TCL
Kernel Version: 3.14.37-x86_64-L1-R517
Sat May 7 17:02:18 CST 2016
Build number: i15-TCL_V1.0_20160507
Heres the link to the modified boot.img: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8662319/newboot.img
Also Siu Lay, did you post earlier that your tablet broke? How is it going?July 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm #44372Siu LayParticipant
- Posts: 35
It is still broken and I order another Rev1 version. I travel a lot and I need an extra non-work computer for personal use.
Unfortunately, my Rev1 used Toshiba storage, so it is still VERY slow. It is Ok for my use case because I only use Windows side to do light work.
Good luck with your deviceAugust 3, 2016 at 6:33 pm #45496JesDoiasParticipant
- Posts: 59
Thanks for your boot.img. Rooting my device however did not work: while supersu seemed to install fine at first it would neither update itself nor have actual root rights under android. In the end I had to flash TRWP and install supersu as a zip file…July 9, 2018 at 7:16 pm #144431Christian WolfseherParticipant
- Posts: 4
whats about the i15-TFL Version ?
When i try to flash this version , the auto rotation doesnt work , also the camera.
Is there also a root option ?
ChristianDecember 13, 2018 at 9:19 am #149098GioParticipant
- Posts: 1
someone know if iwork10 pro i1002 is different from i15-TL?April 23, 2020 at 3:41 pm #182956Filipe MoreiraParticipant
- Posts: 9
My iwork stopped recognizing the Sd card. It is not a problem of the card or from the slot because in windows everything works fine.
It has another problem: When I try to turn it off it stays forever in the information “Disconnecting” but it never happens. I have to force it to turn off.
So i decided to root and install another rom but I have a problem:
When I run adb devices I have the expected answer: 0123456789ABCDEF device
But when I run adb reboot fastboot nothing happens …
I’ve tried to enter fastboot manually but I’m not sure if I’m doing well:
1. Power + Volup + Voldown i get a yellow message: dnx fastboot mode, but when I run adb devices I have no answer
2. Voldown after dual boot selection. I am on a screen with android and various information (including that my bootloader is unlocked) but when I run adb devices I have no answer
I would appreciate some guidance !!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.