Converting a Chinese phone version to the English

Converting a Chinese phone version to the English

TechTablets Forums Chinese Mobile Phone Discussion General Mobile Discussion Converting a Chinese phone version to the English

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kishan
    Participant

Hi,

I am a UK resident and I’m interested in the Xiaomi mi max 3 and if I were to buy the Chinese version, what would i need to do to ensure I can use it. Meaning the language isn’t in Chinese and it has Google play.

If you could direct me to a website, video or a detailed description from yourself I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Xfade
    Participant

Xiaomi phones with a Chinese rom have English. Also the Mi Store on the phone allows you to install the complete Google Apps package.
    Usually after a while when the phone has been out, a global rom will be released for you to flash if you want. This usually has no chinese bloat and Google stuff preinstalled.

Kishan
    Participant

Hi,

Does it matter if I order the chinese version? If it doesn’t, where would be the most reliable place to order the Xiaomi mi max 3 from if you’re a UK resident.

Majkel
    Participant

I suggest you contact the phone manufacturer. Those Chinese phones are mystery for most except those who made it.

"In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big." (Rush - Caravan)

Colin Hopper
    Participant

Make sure the phone has the Global Rom installed. Then everthing should be fine. The Chinese Rom does have English installed in it, but has a few extra apps that are China specific. I used the China Rom for a while and it was fine.  However, I recommend you check the phone comes with the with the official Xiaomi Global Rom installed, and the you will have no problems and receive regular OTA updates.

Angel
    Participant

I suggest you contact the phone manufacturer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password