Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dirkblaster
    Participant

This is a stupid question but how on earth do I get ctrl+alt+delete if the system becomes unresponsive? I’ve used previous tablets that had a windows button and windows+power button would do the trick, but there’s no such button on the x98?

Lamont Johnson
    Participant

Well BT Keyboard? OTG USB keyboard?  If not a hard reset will have to do.  Not sure about macro keys or alternative keyboards that have it.

Dirkblaster
    Participant

I was thinking that as a last resort but generally otherwise would not have a use for a keyboard as the tablet’s main role is media consumption/gaming while on the go, so keeping the total amount of weight I need to carry down is ideal. Not sure if the BT keyboard would still be effective if the system is frozen, or only the OTG keyboard?

Had a few cases where poorly designed games have hung or found a dead end with no way to exit and forced to hard shut down by holding the power button down which isn’t always ideal on the system.

Win 10 killing the “swipe down to close program” gesture from Win 8 is also pretty grating in this scenario. Hopefully MS reinstates it from the amount of complaints I’ve read online

Dirkblaster
    Participant

Actually rigging up something like this to do limited functions would be perfect for this scenario, too bad it’s Android only. I’m pretty sure the tablet has the right number of poles in the headphone jack if integrated mic headphones are able to work

https://orgui.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/xiaomi-mikey-review/

Lamont Johnson
    Participant

Wow, I’m really intrigued by that product and will be buying a few.  It’s hard to believe some one far more capable than myself hasn’t figured out how to use this in windows yet.

Dirkblaster
    Participant

I’ve found http://www.autohotkey.com/, a few people seem to have had the same idea so maybe it’s possible to test with some normal earphones!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password