Cube i10-R Remix corrupt Windows. How to access bios?

Cube i10-R Remix corrupt Windows. How to access bios?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion Cube i10-R Remix corrupt Windows. How to access bios?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Youness 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Noco Noc
    Participant

Hello,

There was some problem with Windows not recognizing the serial key on my brand new Cube i10-R Remix win10 +Android so I did a Windows recovery and now the Windows installation is stuck in a loop. “Windows installation can not proceed”, I can only restart and then the same happens again.

1) Is there a way to fix Windows from Android?

2) If not:

Would the *I10 Dual OS Files Windows 8.1 And Android* image under downloads on this site work on my device? Or better, is there a way to get the Win 10 + Android image instead?

3) Can I just make  a clean windows installation on that partition instead? Will drivers be a problem, will dual boot still work?

4) Also how does one even get to bios to boot from USB? Do you need a physical keyboard?

Thanks.

Chidotaku Fanderei
    Participant

Sorry i have the cube i7 after install w10 i cant  reinstall w8 same issue, when i boot the usb  is stuck in a loop 🙁

Fernando
    Participant

I had the same issue; solved. Download the required files to reinstall windows 8 from the download link:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4EXB7Ngka9pQzMxVlN3aV9GeFk&export=download

Procedure is as follows:

1. Install UltraIso
    2. Run UltraIso and open file WINPE_x86_ntfs.iso.
    3. in UltraIso toolbar  3rd tab click on write image to hard disk.
    4. Insert a 8gb usb
    5. Select the usb from the drop menu; select “usb-HDD
      +” and check  : create a boot patition”
    6. click write
    7. after completion format the usb to NTFS in windows and label it WINPE; this will allow you to copy files over 4g. Do not worry the original boot image s hidden.
    8. Now copy the files: Diskpartfiles, images, scripts and Test_tool; to the usb.
    9. Use a usb hub and a usb keyboard: if usb not working use an adapter for the mini.
    10. boot and press “ESC” key, for the ” boot manager” screen
    11. select boot manager
    12. now select to boot to the usb device
    13. allow the software to run its coarse.
    14. after completion the tablet will restart with the original win os in chinese.
    15. not to worry. in the desktop there will be in numerous icons; a couple will test the tablet functions but one will restart the tablet and will ask for language preference when complete. Sorry do not remember exactly which icon it was and i do not which to redo the process.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Noco Noc
    Participant

Thank you for such a detailed guide.

Viktor Palinkas
    Participant

Hi There,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. For me there is a problem with it. FuseISO does not recognize that file as an image and I cannot write to the pendrive and I cannot create a boot partition.

Now my tablet is not booting up Windows and support is not helping me from Everbuying nor from Cube. Buying this thing was a big mistake. So any help is appreciated big time!

Thank you!

Federico T
    Participant

Hello.
    I tried to download the “i10 Dual OS Win …” several times in several different ways, but the download always stops at 3.80 giga around.
    However, I only need the Diskpartfiles files, images, scripts and Test_tool.
    Please help me.
    Thanks in advance

Aden Aziz Hasnayakin
    Participant

Hey, i have Cube i10 but accidently i’ve done eMMC secure reset in BIOS, so all the partitions are gone, they are gone in BIOS EFI list

can i re-install windows 8.1 commonly like PC? or someone can help me with this problem? i really confused. I tried download several windows 32 bit from several links on google but none of them are working (the USB didn’t detected on BIOS). I’ve already try using cube i10 firmware but when it load, it shows error “PC needs to restart, press hold power button” something like that.

I’m waiting for answer or someone who can help me. thanks.

Simas
    Participant

yes u can install OS like in any other pc 🙂 just u need OTG extension to minimum 2 normal usb. 1 for keyboard 1 for bootable usb

Vaja
    Participant

And why my tablet BIOS says “FIXED BOOT ORDER priorities? I cant change them, why?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Fernando
    Participant

Update: after numerous attempts to upgrade to windows Pro I finally decided to wipe the device of dual boot (android & win 8) and install an original version of windows pro via usb.

I decided to install drivereasy to back up all my drivers to a file just in case.

Proceeded the same steps as before but with a new version of windows on a second usb and booted to that. After completion of windows there were numerous driver issues which I could fix by installing drivereasy and installing the backup drivers.

However; usb is nonoperational along with the wifi and the battery seems to deplete much faster, also there are some yellow triangles on the device manager that were not updated via windows update or drivereasy: Bluetooth, senors (bma2x2), uart controller.

Other than that; the tablet handles grate, and I even installed blubeam to replace an ipad.

Hope this helps, I must say this model was cheap but not worth the money, research first then buy; you get what you payed for; spend a little more for better quality.

Main downfall, constantly have issues starting the dam thing; maybe the power button?

jerry
    Participant

fixed boot mean that bios see those boot devices only, changes can be applied from main screen, continue, scu, manager, secure boot, boot from file…

jerry
    Participant

update your bios, to 4.4, look for my threads there will be image for cube i10r and inside you can find bios update image, copy those files to root of any unbootable device- no boot need, and boot to internal efi patrition on boot screen #1 choice bios upgrade should complete automaticly. about the drivers for windows search here, about partition only for windows use my partition.tbl, turn on azalia codec in bios btw

Vaja
    Participant

Will that 4.4 BIOS work on the Cube iWork 10 Flagship?

jerry
    Participant

sorry i have no idea, i would not try tho, seems they are different models, 100% to brick your device

Vaja
    Participant

Yea, I also thought that, thanks for everything tho, Ill keep searching.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password