Cube i7 brick after windows10 creators update?

Cube i7 brick after windows10 creators update?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Cube i7 brick after windows10 creators update?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

Hello,

i was using my Cube i7 for many months. After i had a loose contact on my DC-Port i decided to load the tablet with an anker USB-C Power-Delivery charger. This worked well. Some days ago the tablet installed the new creators update and shut down suddenly. I plugged off the usb-c cable and it booted regulary. When i plugged the cable the tablet shut down again immediately. I can’t charge the tablet and search for solutions. I tried to charge the tablet over night and in the morning the charging light was off. I tried to boot, but nothing happend. Now there is no light anymore, neither during the start attempt nor during charging. I don’t see the booting screen anymore. Is my tablet really brick over night? What can i do? While charging the tablet goes warm, but no light shine.

Maplicito
    Participant

I’m just on my way to bed, so this is just a quick thought.  Can you hold your power button for at least 20 or 30 seconds, more if necessary?  I have had my tablet act like that, but holding the power button like that will force it to power off – because it really has been on, but not booted successfully after an update, even though it appears off.  Then, after doing that, hold the power button for 5 or 10 seconds to see if it will start up – but be patient with it, it might take a LONG time to boot the first time after that.

Thomas
    Participant
    Ok, thanks. I have read in other forums, that i have to press 3x for a short time and then about 30sec. That’s exactly what I did. I have also tried other variants and times pressing on the power button, but I’ll try it exactly as you have described it.
    I’m a little worried, that the light is off all the time.

Thomas
    Participant

Yes creators update. It still don’t turn on and seems not to load. I opend it, but nothing seems burnt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password