Cube I7 FN Keys

Cube I7 FN Keys

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Cube I7 FN Keys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    E.T.
    Participant

With CDK09 the top line of keys are used as multimedia Keys or, hitting FN key, as Function Keys (F1-F12).

Well, I need to use Function keys (F1-F12) without hit FN Key,

Can you help me, please ?

E.T.

Jay
    Participant

Well, not sure about other options, but you could try remapping the multimedia keys to FN keys (and vice-versa if you don’t want to lose the multimedia key functionality) using something like Autohotkey (aka AHK).

Been a while since I last did it, but there should be plenty of tutorials/etc. about how to do it. As the mutimedia keys aren’t “standard” keys, you might have to do some kind of key-capture (you should be able to do this with AHK too) to identify – and remap – them.

Note: this might not work and/or need some tweaking to work in games and the like.

Alternatively (and less work), you could try tools such as Sharpkey or Keytweak (easy to find with your friends google or duckduckgo) 😀

Gareth
    Participant

I’ve modified an AutoHotKey script I found online to work with the keyboard for the Cube i7 Book. It allows the media keys to still function with the FN key pressed, though I have disabled the other keys. All F keys now function normally. Just download and install AHK then run that script 🙂

EDIT: I spoke too soon. F1-F6 work, but F7-F12 don’t yet work. It’s a start though. I’ll post a link if I manage to get the rest working.

EDIT2: I have made the script work for F1-F9 keys. Only F10, F11, and F12 don’t work, and still require the use of the FN key. I  attached this script as a compiled .exe.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    E.T.
    Participant

Many thanks Gareth

GoodChineseMan
    Participant

hi, @Gareth, can you post your autohotkey script source code ? I want to try if I can solve the f9-f12 key, maybe a windows usb filter driver is needed.

kelebek
    Participant

[email protected] for the Fn1-9-Autohotkey-Script. Starting using it. (Pitty that it does not work for Fn10-12.)

[none]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password