Cube i7 USB 3.0 port issues, runs at USB 2.0 speed

Cube i7 USB 3.0 port issues, runs at USB 2.0 speed

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Cube i7 USB 3.0 port issues, runs at USB 2.0 speed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

My 64GB Cube i7 has an issue with the USB 3.0 port, I have asked the seller who claims that all the Cube i7’s run the ports at usb 3.0 speed. However my one, the port maxes out at 40mb/s using an Sandisk 64GB Extreme usb 3 drive. That same drive can get 230 mbs reads and 130 writes on a bay trail Pipo W3. But on the Cube it cannot.

I have tried diffferent drivers Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller – 0100 (Microsoft) drivers with no real luck. I did manage to get my 1TB drive to connect with the blue light on (Meaning usb 3.0 connection) But it did have enough power from the port itself it seemed.

The is a frustrating issue and I read on the Cube forums other are having issues to, yet Cube and the sellers contact with Cube say it’s fine?

Anyone else have this issue? Otherwise is a really good tablet, just let down by this issue for me as I want to run displaylink usb 3 docks.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

yeye2
    Participant

noooo, same as you, I got a displaylink dock , so disapointing, waiting mine for checking

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, so your one doesn’t run at USB 3.0 speeds either? This should have been fixed by now on the latest batches. How long have you had it?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

yeye2
    Participant

didnt received yet, just ordered from alixpress with de 299,00 dollars promo with keyboard and “wacom” stylus,  so USB 3.0 is now fully funtional? , I got a kengsinton Displaylink at the office and would like to use with the tablet!

saludos Chris!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Ah the i7 Stylus, yes that one has no USB 3 issues. This thread as about the i7, the first Core M model. The 11.6 inch one.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar