Cube i9 docking keyboard ?

Cube i9 docking keyboard ?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Cube i9 docking keyboard ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MisterDeery 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Evil E.
    Participant

Has anyone in here managed to find a photo of the “Optional High-end Glass Fiber Docking Transformer Keyboard” that Cube referred to in this promo slide :

HTB1brUwKVXXXXcOXXXXq6xXFXXXi

MisterDeery
    Participant

I think they meant the surface style type cover shown here
    http://techtablets.com/2016/01/cube-i9-keyboard-pictured/

Evil E.
    Participant

I sure hope not, that is definitely not what I call a “Transformer keyboard” (as in Asus Transformer T100TA keyboard type that allows a tablet to “transform” into a laptop), that’s a simple “keyboard case” with a docking connector that – when docked – still remains a tablet no matter how you twist and turn it… No transforming into a laptop anywhere to be seen… 🙁

Looks like Cube jumped on the “Transformer-is-a-cool-word-so-we-MUST-use-it-in-our-advertisements-even-if-we-don’t-have-a-real-transformer-keyboard-accessory-because-we-don’t-understand-what-transformer-keyboard-really-means” bandwagon …

I don’t understand why these Chinese tablet manufacturers don’t hire at least 1 fluent English speaking person (someone who understands the true meaning of words in the context in which they are used) to take care of ads and other stuff… Some manufacturers can’t even spell their own company name correctly in English :
    CUEB i9... CUEB ???

I guess proofreading promotional materials before they are released costs too much money and time in China… 😉

Chris G
    Keymaster

CUEB haha shocking. No it’s a Surface Pro type cover style as seen here. I do prefer a Transformer-style keyboard on the smaller tablets. But as  Surface Pro 4 user and since this has a kick stand with two positions it’s not too bad and I prefer it like this. I think at 12.2 inches it has to be a type cover style of keyboard. Just imagine the extra bulk, thickness and weight a transformer style one would add? Cube would have to add a huge counterweight inside the dock to stop it from tipping over. And they have given us what looks to be a large touchpad, I’m just worried if it’s gestures only or not. Hope not.

Cube i9 keyboard - 3

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Evil E.
    Participant

The counterweight to balance the keyboard-tablet combination is (IMHO) not really an issue if you consider putting in some rechargeable batteries in the keyboard. They are pretty heavy and perfectly suited to serve as counterweight, and they would allow you to recharge your tablet battery while docked. Killing two birds with one stone. 😀 😀 😀

For me personally, tablet size isn’t a problem for having/using a transformer-type docking keyboard or not. It would simply make the tablet a small laptop. And isn’t that exactly the main goal of transformer-type docking keyboards for tablets ? 😉

I’ve tried these keyboard cases and (for me) they simply don’t work properly when you’re trying to work in certain circumstances (like in a moving vehicle, for instance). Try working with one of these keyboard cases on your lap for a couple of hours on a train or bus, and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.
    It’s just a damn shame that they don’t force these keyboard case designers to work like this so that they can actually feel what it’s like to work with their design product. For me personally, the transformer-type docking keyboard is the only winner, but I do think it’s interesting to also have keyboard cases as an option for those who prefer them (pro-choice is always the best strategy and the most consumer-friendly as opposed to being forced to 1 possibility only).

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes using my Surface Pro 4 sitting isn’t so good for long periods. Used it on a train, but lucky for me there was a tablet in the middle :). I see your point, maybe the likes of the new Voyo vBook Core M3 would be better suited? Most of the time its a laptop, but you can flip that keyboard right around and it’s a tablet be it aheavy and bulky one.

Overall I don’t mind the Surface Type cover 4 I have, it’s good to type on, great trackpad and I like the fact it’s light and slim was perfect of my trip to NZ for a month. Everyone has different needs, I prefer the larger tablets if I have to use them for a long period time. But then again as an Android tablet, I don’t mind for example a 7.9″ Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 iPad mini style as my Android needs are different. (I don’t need a keyboard for Android).

Transformer style dock with USB ports or type cover style. If Cube offered both that would be awesome.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

MisterDeery
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about the trackpad as well, while I like the ability to use multi touch gestures, I hope that there is a physical click button.

I assume that it will be similar to the trackpad found on the surface pro 4, the problem is I’ve never used a surface before. I was wondering how it differs, in terms of feel, to the trackpad found on a MacBook ? (if anyone can compare the two)

As for typing, I sort of do wish that it was a transformer style keyboard as well, but if the i9 is compatible with the docking keyboard for the i7 stylus, then I would probably get both the type cover and a dock, so that I have a keyboard for on the go and also a dedicated keyboard for more type heavy work. although I imagine the i9 wouldn’t fit, due to it being a larger tablet.

regardless of either of these, the thing that still kills it for me is the lack of stylus support. I’m going to wait until they refresh the line.

I’m hoping that a core M tablet that hits all the criteria appears soon. My computer died on me recently so I feel like I am in some kind of replacement device purgatory. I am working from an Alienware laptop loaned to me by my brother, and it is the single most impractical computer that I have ever owned, it weighs a ton, is so loud (I can’t stress this enough) and I don’t need near the power of this thing.

MisterDeery
    Participant

Just found the i9 type keyboard for sale on aliexpress

i9 type keyboard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password