Cube i9 will fail unless..

Cube i9 will fail unless..

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Cube i9 will fail unless..

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Everyone
    Participant

In the US you can get the SP4 M3 version for <$699 (without Tax, unless in MN). It does not make any sense to pay $550+ for the Cube i9 when the SP4 is is nearly the same price and with the SP4 offering better tech and support. The Cube i9 needs to be priced at $400 to make it worth the trouble of getting some Chinese knockoff. However, if they start to offer 8GB of RAM in this, then it might be worth the $550+ price tag.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I agree it’s too expensive at the current listed price, but the are mostly sellers on Aliexpress adding a huge cut on top of the cost price. My prediction is Cube will lower it and also have a limited sale on it like they did with the i7 Stylus. But you also have to remember that for people in Europe it’s more expensive the Surface Pro 4. Love to see it around the 400 – 450 mark, wait and see I guess.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Saul
    Participant

I agree.

I wonder how much of an improvement over the i7 Stylus, the new generation Core M will bring. Given the larger screen on the i9, the performance might not be that different.

In order to sell anywhere near the prices being discussed, the build quality of both the tablet and the keyboard case will need to be very very high. The battery life will also need to compete with the S4.

What is the cost price difference between the Core M 5Y__ and the Core M 6Y__? That will likely play a big part in the settled selling price for the i9, right? The i7 Stylus might still be a better value proposition (I know they’re not like for like).

Chris G
    Keymaster

The new Core M3 performs like and old Core i5 4200U, even better at graphics. It’s a big step up over the 5Y10. I’ve tested it in the Surface Pro 4 and since the screen is only 1920 x 1200 we might even be able to game at that resolution on some titles. So it depends on your needs if the extra 200 odd is worth it, if you plan to game and want a larger screen I would say yes.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Everyone
    Participant

Heck, you can get a HP Spectre X2 (with Wacom) for < $500. If Cube wants to be competitive in the US market, they need to do something no one else is doing with their M3 line…MAKE IT HAVE 8GB of RAM! That alone would justify me purchasing it at $450-500 (even without Wacom support), but it would still needs palm rejection, otherwise all I have is a super thin laptop with minimal tablet usability.

John James
    Participant

Anybody have a way of catching those sales? That other new tab (the Chuwi Hi12) had a one day sale a few days ago and I had no idea. I would love to get the I9 at a cheaper price
    >

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, when u can get the  HP Spectre X2 for under 500 with WARRANTY 3 years, you have like no real warranty for the Cube, I can’t see people buying this tablet for 570-630 USD. It needs to come down at 450 USD with the keyboard included in the price.
    Like if you check on alibaba only a few ppl have bought the tablet. On gearbest they have 36 preorders. So I would say the main problem with this tablet right now is the pricing.

Saul
    Participant

Can you get the Core M Spectre x2 for under $500? I thought it was much more expensive?

It will be interesting to see towards the end of the month what the chinese stores / sellers do with the i9 price. I for one will be watching with great interest.

I would be very interested in an updated i7 Stylus with Core M 6***, as the 10 inch size seems like the perfect second machine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, when u can get the HP Spectre X2 for under 500 with WARRANTY 3 years, you have like no real warranty for the Cube, I can’t see people buying this tablet for 570-630 USD. It needs to come down at 450 USD with the keyboard included in the price. Like if you check on alibaba only a few ppl have bought the tablet. On gearbest they have 36 preorders. So I would say the main problem with this tablet right now is the pricing.

It never had a “one day sale”…it had 20% sale for 7-8th February and still has 15% sale until the 14th.

Luke
    Participant

I live and work in China and I’ve been looking at this tablet. It’s 3000 yuan on taobao which is roughly 460USD which isn’t bad.  I might hold off a little longer until some get into reviewers hands though.  First 300 brought get a free keyboard though so I must just grab it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Things are starting to move, not good enough yet though, Seller Socube at aliexpress is selling the tablet for 499 USD right now. But the price should come down to 450 USD with the keyboard included, just like the offers you can get at taobao:
    http://world.tmall.com/item/526398254548.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.2BUSXJ&skuId=3133824234896

John James
    Participant

There is absolutely no chance anybody is going to sell that tablet with a keyboard for $450….

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is absolutely no chance anybody is going to sell that tablet with a keyboard for $450….

Eh? what are you talking about? They are already doing it lol, selling this tablet for 460 usd including the keyboard, I even have a link in my last post..
    And I am sure some seller at aliexpress / gearbest will have a sales offer just like they did with the Cube i7 stylus. So 450 USD is not far-fetched.

John James
    Participant

I meant gearbest and ali. Hope you are right though.

Sam
    Participant

Does somebody know the reasons for the hugh price difference between seller at taobao (domestic) and aliexpress (intl)?

Out of my understanding more or less just the more expensive shipping costs (which are somehow calculated into the pricing at ali) should be different.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar