Cube iwork 12 – Android Battery drain – Not going to sleep

Cube iwork 12 – Android Battery drain – Not going to sleep

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork12 Cube iwork 12 – Android Battery drain – Not going to sleep

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ishan Perusinghe
    Participant

Hi All

First of all thanks again to chris for this great site . Second chinese tablet I have bought because of this site . Have recommend to all friends and family looking for a value for money tablet.  Whats best about your reviews they are genuine joe blogs opinion and not glossy or seem like your paid by the company to push a product.

back to the issue. So I got my cube iwork12 . Overall happy . Its a little heavey and speakers arent as good as my Wifes Cheuwi Vi10 ( no base ) I dont understand how an iphone 5s speaker still sound better this tablet. Putting that aside . I noticed in Android that leaving the tablet overnight battery is completley drained ( form 100 % to 27%) . I installed a bunch of deep sleep apps etc and nothing worked. Having investigated further . I have found the tablet is not going into sleep when you have the keyoard attached. What you find is the screen comes on for second or 2 to 3 min every even when idle. Now I have only seen this when the keyboard is attached and when disconnecting it seems to be able to go into deep sleep. As the tablet is not rooted I cant install any wakelock apps to discover route cause but i think it has something to do with keyboard in conjuction with notifications.

Has anyone else seen this issue or managed to fix it . It could be a bug. from stock the only changes I have made is installing NOVA launcher.

Regards

Ish

sean
    Participant

noticed it myself with the keyboard connected and it not going to sleep.

found the tablet hot when i went back to it which suggested the screen remained on and drained the battery.

only had one update from the android end of it since i got the tablet.

like yourself the sound is weak , not ideal with background noise. apart from that i use a cheap Bluetooth speaker when at home, which will only further drain the battery.

i found from the android end , if i disconnect the keyboard while the machine is on the volume rocker sometimes doesn’t work and i have to go to settings to control the volume. the tablet seems to not recognize the keyboard disconnected or something. not a major deal really.

Ishan Perusinghe
    Participant

Well it’s good to see others having same issue, as they will need to fix . Tried to contact cube after sale service but email bounced

[email protected]

Anyone know the best way to report bugs

to improve speakers you need to root device and install viper fx . But there won’t be much improvement . Just louder tingy speakers

Ishan Perusinghe
    Participant

This battery drain in android is getting really annoying . I know its the screen doing it when keyboard is attached . Anyone know how to get in touch with cube customersupport.

Carlos
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar