Cube Mix First Impressions, Trubles and accessories

Cube Mix First Impressions, Trubles and accessories

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Cube Mix First Impressions, Trubles and accessories

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alessandro Colafigli 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Alessandro Colafigli
    Participant

Hello everybody,

this is Alessandro, Italian and I’ve just got my first tablet and I have chosen the Mix Plus!

First Impression is great: fast and beautiful!

Minor troubles: low volume speakers, microUsb instable (I had an hard disk attached that interrupted by itself), charger not working!

For the last trouble I need to buy a new charger as soon as possible, what do you recommend?

Do you think this could work? https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01MU1OJBE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3QZOYV763RLRG&psc=1 (sorry is in italian…)

In addition I would like to add some accessories, can you help me with this?

Some memory, is this ok? https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&psc=1 (sorry again for italian…)

I would like an easy way to pass big data from this pc to others, what about this pendrive with Type-C connection togheter with classical USB connection: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01EZ0X55C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&psc=1

At last I would like a cheap pen for starting writing on it, I thought of this: https://www.amazon.it/Wacom-Bamboo-Stylus-DUO-CS-110/dp/B007TT2AJ4/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519720807&sr=1-8&keywords=wacom, have you got suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Dhr. Jeep
    Participant

Hi Alessandro,

Good buy! 🙂 I read your message and I think the following:

The iVolver is reported here to charge the Mix Plus. I myself use a brand I trust a little better: HERE

The Memory SD-card looks fine, how do you want to use it?

The Sandisk pendrive with Type-C connection looks very nice too, although I would say 53 dollars is a lot of money. But I cannot look inside your wallet 😉 The tablet comes with an adapter for the USB 3.1 port. I would just use a fast normal USB 3.0 pendrive. But Type C is pretty cool to have.

For the stylus, the one you show will probably work. I cannot post URLs or links from Banggood, do not know why, so I cannot show you my Stylus. Go to Banggood and look for Wacom Stylus 🙂 Around 30 dollars is the one I have.
    I use it for drawing on the Mix Plus, works great. On Banggood they also have some cheaper ones, I think they will work also fine but I have read that the quality of cheaper ones may very, so I just bought this one. And it works great 🙂

Also, if I can recommend an accessory, I would recommend you a fast USB-hub like one of these: USB HUB

I bought one that can connect an internet cable, HDMI, two USB 3.0 and also charge the Mix Plus at the same time. Really good at 25 dollars or something.

Also, if you going to do the heat mod; do not buy the cheap stuff. Get good thermal pads and /or paste. I went for the cheap stuff first and the temperature didn’t really change at all.

Good luck with everything 🙂

Alessandro Colafigli
    Participant

Hi Dhr Jeep and thanks for your quick and precious reply!

The brand I have chosen for the charger should be ok because I have got 2 more chargers and they work fine.

I think to use the memory card for keeping audio and video files in local on the cube during my travels, does it work?

For the pendrive, as I wrote, I had some issues with the micro USB provided, that’s why I would like a more reliable port (for example for work or quick stuff) and that’s why I thought that would have been better. In addition I didn’t find much cheaper offers for 128 GB pendrives…

For the stylus pen I have seen your but I cannot find it on Amazon and on geerbest the Mix Plus took 23 days to get here so I would prefer quicker ways to get it… What characteristics should it have? 1024 pressure levels, right? Capacitive Active? I am not an expert, sorry…

The hub is a great idea and I need one too! On Amazon I found this: https://www.amazon.it/Gigabit-Ethernet-Delivery-ricarica-adattatore/dp/B06XZHQ7K4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8, what do you think about?

I don’t use games so I don’t think I need to modify it…

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!

Alessandro

Wylver
    Participant

Before you are going to spent money on it, the charger won’t work.

Wrong standard.

Alessandro Colafigli
    Participant

Thanks Wylver,

I realized it after double check your posts, I canceled the order and I ordered this one:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B077RQDB9Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this will work, It should having the PD function.

Thank you for your help!

Alessandro

Wylver
    Participant

The new one you chose should be working in theory.

Alessandro Colafigli
    Participant

Ok, thank you, I will let you know!

One question: do you know how to contact the vendor for the charger not working?

Thanks a lot!

Dhr. Jeep
    Participant

AH you need it quickly, I see. Then Amazon might be the only place for you 😀

For the stylus, 1024 pressure points are great but it’s mostly about the magnetic contact point and how the balance is. It’s difficult to say but I think every proper stylus should at least work good enough.

The SD-card, the USB-drive, both are really good. They can be used for everything you said.

Also, the USB-hub you found looks good! Have not tested it but if you buy it I hope you can tell us how it performs 🙂

Alessandro Colafigli
    Participant

Thanks Jeep, I will tell you as soon as I can!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password