Cube Mix Plus – Can't Power On

Cube Mix Plus – Can't Power On

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Cube Mix Plus – Can't Power On

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hanz
    Participant

Hey,

I recently charged my Cube Mix Plus overnight. The next day i powered it on and noticed, that it didn’t have charge at all.

So i tried to charge it again, but the battery status just told me: Plugged, but discharging.

Now i kept turning it on, till it ran out of battery. After that i couldn’t get it started anymore. I tried pressing Power Button and Reset Button

for 30 seconds, but nothing happened. I also disconnect the battery inside and plugged it in again.

Didn’t had any issues with the tablet before and now i don’t know what to do.

Would really appreciate if someone could help me! Thanks in advance.

PS: When i plug the tablet into the charger and press the Power Button, i can see a red light.

If unplugged no red light appears.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Seems like a hardware fault of sorts or the battery controller. Try unplugging it, this involves opening it of course which isn’t for everyone.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Hualalai
    Participant
    1. Try a different charger.
    2. Check voltage on battery (voltmeter on charging port pigtail).  Battery could be charged, but VR is bad.
    3. In battery is not charged, replace the battery.
    4. If no joy at this point, recycle the device.  You just lost the Shenzen lottery.
    Cicatrix
    Participant

@Hanz Did you have any luck? My MixPlus has the same symptoms right now.

Frantzisone
    Participant

me too the same problems.

Hugh
    Participant

My Cube Mix Plus has a problem like this one.

The battery was no longer charging when AC power supply was connected.

The system continued to work until the battery was discharged.

No sign of life since then.  The LED is not on.

I tried another AC power supply.  No difference.

I left it on my shelf for several months — I didn’t know what to do and I didn’t have time to do it.

Just now, I tried a USB C charger (designed for another computer — it might not be powerful enough).  LED doesn’t light.

I opened up the Cube Mix Plus.  I measured 12+V between the terminals of the barrel jack.

I don’t know where else to test.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram?  This thing doesn’t seem to have an FCC ID so I cannot look on the FCC database.

Any suggestions for how to proceed?

Hugh
    Participant

Just to make it clear, I measured the voltage on the connector on the board, not on the AC power supply.  So the board was getting 12+v.  I don’t know how it is supposed to be distributed on the motherboard nor appropriate test points so I didn’t do other measurements.  Recommendations welcome!

riceart
    Participant

“I measured 12+V between the terminals of the barrel jack” that 12v is not important. What kind of usb c charger did you tried? It has to be charger with power delivery 24W minimum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password