Cube mix plus not Power on, burned component.

Cube mix plus not Power on, burned component.

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Cube mix plus not Power on, burned component.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello everyone,</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>unfortunately after a year of great satisfaction this tablet is dead. After putting it to load I realized that it smelled of burning, I opened the cover and looking at the motherboard well you can see that something has burned. I leave photos attached. Can someone help me to understand the name of the chip or can you take a picture of the motherboard? Do you have the schematic diagram of motherboard forse identify the component? I would like to try to buy the piece and sold it again to hope to save the tablet.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you all.</p>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hugh
    Participant

Ouch!

I haven’t looked, but if the model has been approved by the (US) FCC, the computer’s label will have an FCC ID.  You can use that ID to look up the description at the FCC site.  That usually includes some kind of circuit schematic.

I don’t think that it will be easy to repair (but I’m no expert):

• it looks as if two discrete SMT components were badly fried.  I would guess that they were part of the power supply
    • the board itself may be damaged: this board is surely multi-layer and it is possible to burn the interior layers
    • the first picture hints at damage to the chip above the worst spot.  Some other nearby spots look as if thy might be damaged.  That may just be the way the photo came out.
    • chips that look OK can be damaged by such an event

The fact that it wasn’t plugged in is interesting.  Notice the silk-screened lettering “BAT” near the burn’t area.  That probably stands for “battery”.

I wonder if you can find someone with Cube Mix Plus with, say, a cracked screen and buy their computer for parts?  I’d bet that a cracked screen is the most common death of these computers.

Alan
    Participant

Thanks for reply, 
    Where can I find this FCC ID code? I know that I have little chance of being able to repair, but I have lost the money anyway and I must at least try. I hope the layer was not burned for a connection to the motherboard. If it goes bad then I evaluate the idea of ​​selling the pieces: ssd, battery and LCD.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hugh
    Participant

Normally the FCC ID is on the same label that declares power inputs and outputs, etc.  I looked at our Mix Plus and saw no FCC ID.  I guess that they never intended to export it to the US.

Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar