Cube mix plus vs gpd win 2 fps difference ?

Cube mix plus vs gpd win 2 fps difference ?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Cube mix plus vs gpd win 2 fps difference ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amit
    Participant

Hello ,

I have seen online videos of gpd win gaming and it’s getting more fps on the same resolution with the same processor

Marvel vs capcom  cube mix plus. 30-40

.                                  gpd win 2.           58-60

Dying light.                      cube mix plus.   25-30

.                                             gpd win.             40- 45

And so on

How is this possible  ………. The only difference being 4 gb more ram in gpd in 2 …….. But that shouldn’t be more than 5 fps in any case

Can anyone explain

Dhr. Jeep
    Participant

Well, the GPD Win 2 only has a 5.5 inch 1280×720 resolution display, right? So less pixels to calculate. It also has a complete focus on gaming, including an active fan for the chip. This will make sure the throttling will kick in later, or probably not at all.

The moment I put a fan to the back of my Mix Plus, the temps will drop immediately too. It will increase frame-rate. I believe it’s clocked a bit higher too. So, better clocks, better heat release and a lower resolution. The GPD win2 is capable of 4K resolution output. Pretty sure that will give complete different FPS 😉

Amit
    Participant

thanks man ,

but both tests were done at 1280 x 720 and the clockspeed i bileve is the same , also throttling takes time . I believe it has something to do with gdp pin being undervolted .

but yes i think we can do the same in the bios and a manual cooling solution .

But really not required.

Dhr. Jeep
    Participant

Oh really? Well, I have not seen the test but it could still be a big difference that the GDP has an active cooling. The Cube goes to 90 degrees very soon after launching a demanding game for example. Also, the quality of components, the layout of the motherboard and the specific BIOS settings can make a difference too. I still hope we will find a solution for the Cube to make it go faster/less heat.

Amit
    Participant

i belive the gdp win 2 have raised tdp to 7 from the usual 4.5

which raises the gpu working capacity resulting in higher framerates

i have seen threads people doing it on the cube mix plus but that will cause higher power draw , lower battery life .

Also it will require a cooling mod , if you are interested you can search it on the forums .

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes it’s because of the increased power limit, it lets the GPU turbo much higher.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar