Cube start up issues

Cube start up issues

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Cube start up issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    xNero
    Participant

After a W10 update my Cube i7 Book started acting strange. Blue screens popped up (driver state failures) and when I turned the tablet on again it wouldn’t go past the screen with the Chinese logo. I can still enter the bios and use the blue troubleshooting screen. Reinstalling windows using the troubleshooting option did not succeed. I really want to try a clean install of W10 to solve all issues, so I tried creating serveral bootable USB sticks and only 1 would run from bios. Unfortunately that one gets stuck at 53% when installing and after hours of waiting the Cube shuts down. I’ve tried to solve the problem for 3 days straight now without any luck so far, so I could use some help to fix this issue! I would appreciate it a lot 🙂

Koray K
    Participant

Did you create the usb disks in UEFI mode? AFAIK Cube i7 Book doesn’t support Legacy Boot.

BTW, I always disable “get important updates” while installing.

xNero
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr”>I tried making a USB with Media Creation Tool, but the program gave errors all the time. So I used it to create the Windows ISO. Then I used Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to create the USB. When I run the USB on the cube (via BIOS at the Boot Override option) it restarts and gets stuck at the loading screen with the chinese logo. Could it be that the ISO is faulty or that I did something not correctly?</p>

xNero
    Participant

Update: When I let the Cube just keep on loading (at the chinese logo screen) for 30 minutes to an hour it shows a blue screen with no text. It seems to freeze there. I will try another ISO (one from the official microsoft website, the insider preview ISO). I hope that one will atleast work. Any new ideas are welcome! 🙂

Koray K
    Participant

You can try to download the full ISO and prepare the usb stick with a third party program like Rufus.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Download

(this is not a pirate site, it just hosts the legit Windows ISO files)

xNero
    Participant

Thank you very much. The installation succeeded! Only when I shut down the Cube and tried to boot it the other day, problems showed up again. Booting takes ages and when I just let the Cube do it’s thing I get a ‘driver power state failure’. In order to fix that, I tried to boot it in safe mode but;
    1) the F7 boot menu is not working for me (it shows the screen for 1 millisecond or something, but maybe that is due it runs on UEFI?).
    2) There is no ‘Startup settings’ available in advanced options.
    Any idea’s on how the cube can be booted in safe mode?

xNero
    Participant

Update: Safe mode is working now. But I am having a hard time fixing the Driver power state failure, which makes running windows in normal mode not possible for me. I figured (by reading the .dmp files) that the error is due and issue with ntoskrnl. \do you have any suggestions on that?

xNero
    Participant

The problem still has not been fixed..

The blue screen with the error Driver power state failure shows up every time I boot into normal mode.

The message ‘Windows could not complete the installation. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer’ shows up when I boot into safe mode (using command prompt from the bootable USB).

I really need to update the drivers to solve this problem, but I can’t log on to Windows currently due the error messages. Please help me fix this issue.

maria
    Participant

Hey everyone.

So i woke up a few days ago and my tablet had done a update I believe. When i tried to turn it back on it gets stuck on the screen in the photo.

I can get past that screen by entering exit & hitting enter. But every time my tablet restarts or goes to sleep I have to do the same thing. Is anyone else having this issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wylver
    Participant

This is the EFI Shell.

Happened to me a couple of times as well.

You have to enter bios and re-set the boot order, then everything should be alright.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar