Current (cheaper) tablet closest to Surface Pro 4 (stylus, keyboard) for Xmas

Current (cheaper) tablet closest to Surface Pro 4 (stylus, keyboard) for Xmas

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Current (cheaper) tablet closest to Surface Pro 4 (stylus, keyboard) for Xmas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dave Bee
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to get into the Windows 10 (or 8.1. I haven’t tried 10 yet, and haven’t heard anything to suggest I should) hybrid tablet game. I want to:

• Run Photoshop/Audition/maybe at a stretch Premiere Pro
    • Use a stylus for Photoshop (therefore probably needs to be at least 10″) – preferably I’d like to have my own choice but I think the Cube Stylus models require you to buy a specific stylus, and there are some bad reviews of it? But obviously accuracy (and distance from screen to surface) are important
    • Have a relatively high-pixel-density screen (I’m used to low PPI on all devices other than my 1080p phone so far)
    • Have keyboard case
    • Have a good scratch resistant screen since I’ll be using a stylus and carrying the tab around as a replacement for my work diary, or at least perhaps a seller who adds high quality screen covers, or a recommendation of a good screen cover for that tablet (maybe one that is somewhat intended to work smoothly with a stylus?)
    • Eh, I might also stick a couple of RPGs on it to kill time

As far as I can tell the Teclast X98 Pro is probably my best bet, but I’ve only been looking around for a couple of days. Are current batches of the Pro having fewer overheat issues? Because Chris’ comparison of the Pro and Plus really made the Pro look a lot better. Partly in power, but especially the colours on the screen, which is obviously pretty important for image editing. Is one of the Cube models a better option? I’m having a tough time searching through the Cube tablets because there are so many sellers and different apparent model names.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated! Thanks!

Jonathan
    Participant

I would say the Teclast X98 Pro is a bad choice because it doesn’t have an active stylus and the CPU probably won’t handle the software you want to run very well, certainly not as well as the other tablets you mention.

I’ve been trying to find a current Chinese tablet that has a scratch resistant screen for some time now without luck.

With regards to colour reproduction, there doesn’t seem to be any objective data on sRGB coverage or accuracy of the displays in Chinese tablets.</span>

The Chinese tablets that have stylus support all seem to have 16:9 screens which personally I find far too lacking in vertical space to draw on, especially when you have toolbars, menubars and other things eating into it.

I think you’d be far better off with a Surface Pro 4 if at all possible. Better build; active stylus with a tip that provides friction; better aspect ratio; no throttling and excellent sRGB coverage and accuracy.

sirdrak
    Participant

The best option is the Cube i7 Stylus… The screen is the same than Surface Pro 2, with 75% sRGB, and Wacom EMR with 1024 pressure levels. You are NOT limited to the official stylus, there are literally hundreds of compatible stylus (Surface Pro 1 and 2 stylus, Samsung S-Pens, Wacom Bamboo Feel, Bamboo Carbon, Bamboo Smart, HP Touchsmart TM2 Stylus, etc, etc…). I use my Cube i7 Stylus With Photoshops and Illustrator CC, Clip Studio Paint Pro and other artistic software to do digital ilustration works at professional level without problems. I’m very very happy with this tablet. I have a large review of it here (in spanish, but with a lot of test and game test videos): http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1041782

Jonathan
    Participant

Sirdrak, out of interest what’s the average/max deltaE you get on your Cube after calibration please?

theriddler
    Participant

Maybe the Teclast x16 power (as opposed to the x16 pro…)???

Dave Bee
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

The best option is the Cube i7 Stylus… The screen is the same than Surface Pro 2, with 75% sRGB, and Wacom EMR with 1024 pressure levels. You are NOT limited to the official stylus, there are literally hundreds of compatible stylus (Surface Pro 1 and 2 stylus, Samsung S-Pens, Wacom Bamboo Feel, Bamboo Carbon, Bamboo Smart, HP Touchsmart TM2 Stylus, etc, etc…). I use my Cube i7 Stylus With Photoshops and Illustrator CC, Clip Studio Paint Pro and other artistic software to do digital ilustration works at professional level without problems. I’m very very happy with this tablet. I have a large review of it here (in spanish, but with a lot of test and game test videos): http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1041782

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Which stylus do you use with yours? As suggested in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzmCGPSZ_2Q), I’m going to order a Surface Pro 2 screen protector. Would it make sense to get the SP2 stylus, since those two are presumably designed to work together, texture-wise? The default one that goes into the basket on GearBest is this: http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_211007.html

And while you’re here, I’d appreciate anyone’s suggestion on which store to buy from and whether there are any discount codes I should be using. Do Chinese resellers often have promotions on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Or do they stick to 11/11? (I *just* missed the boat on my decision to get a new tablet)

Christian
    Participant

Hi, definitely use the 10% discount through banggood store if you purchase using their app, that’s quite a lot more than some 5% discounts going on around christmas, and banggood usually is a better site to deal with and offer paypal option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar