Different Factory settings? Power limit 4,5W only

Different Factory settings? Power limit 4,5W only

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Different Factory settings? Power limit 4,5W only

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My Cube came with the factory setting of 4,5W. If I turn it up to 7W it get over 96+ degrees warm, so right now I have it at 6W, but it still gets 90+ degrees warm when gaming, hopefully I can do the mod in the coming weeks. Without the mods this tablet is not that powerful.
    For me the mod is really a must to get this tablet fullest potential. Otherwise you can just buy last years i7 Stylus IMHO.

I guess everyone that bought this tablet from So Cube at the anniversary deal (399 USD), will have their tablets factory set at the power limit at 4,5W, and that is not that great for gaming, atleast not when I tried it out at those settings.

So Chris review sample isnt really fair if the factory setting is only 4,5W for everyone that is buying the tablet now.  The weird part is that I think Chris used the same seller but his tablet came at 6W?

Would be very interesting to know what power limit other people got for their Cube i9.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, I got way different result on my SSD than Chris got in his review.

I will link my result.
    https://gyazo.com/4995506f56001da9ed7bc7502147a7e6

Chris G
    Keymaster

Different bios version I would say. And your SSD must be a BWIN brand, mines FORSEE. The limit tweak is only recommend if you have done the heat sink mod.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

FORSEE

Nope brand name of the SSD is: FORSEE

But yeah, could be just different bios versions.

Bonnom
    Participant

I haven’t tested my SSD yet but your scores dont make a lot of sense.
    The 4k Q32T1 write speed is a lot faster than the read speed. You must be absolutely sure that no other services(browsers, windows update, other updaters,etc…) aren’t using the ssd.
    My geekbench 3 scores were a lot lower than those of Chris but after making sure nothing was running I got the same score.

I orderd my tablet during the sale too. Mine powerlimit was 6 watts or 7 watts in XTU.

Tip: For the mod I used GD900 paste. It works very well and it is cheap. Only $2 for 5*1 gram syringes on aliexpress.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Results will also vary from batch to batch, but I think you have a different brand SSD, Cube and Teclast use FORSEE and BWIN SSSD’s normally. And benchmarks will also vary again, I let the tablet cool 5 minutes between benchmarks on a fresh reboot normally to get the best result. I do this on all the tablets and also check and make sure Windows defender and Update isn’t running in the background.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t tested my SSD yet but your scores dont make a lot of sense. The 4k Q32T1 write speed is a lot faster than the read speed. You must be absolutely sure that no other services(browsers, windows update, other updaters,etc…) aren’t using the ssd. My geekbench 3 scores were a lot lower than those of Chris but after making sure nothing was running I got the same score. I orderd my tablet during the sale too. Mine powerlimit was 6 watts or 7 watts in XTU. Tip: For the mod I used GD900 paste. It works very well and it is cheap. Only $2 for 5*1 gram syringes on aliexpress.

Really weird, my power limit was set to 4,5W in XTU, I will rerun the test for the SSD later and see if I get any different results.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What bios version do you got Bonnom?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I ran the test again with the same result with everything turned off and a fresh restart, and my Cube i9 is infact using a FORESEE 128GB SSD as you can see in the picture I supplied.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also ran all my other benchmarks at 7w power limit, and this time the CPU didnt get as warm, havent done any changes except having some windows updates. Warmest it got was 90 degress for sky diver, including a picture as reference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar