Disable automatic driver updates installation

Disable automatic driver updates installation

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Disable automatic driver updates installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gal
    Participant

Hi,

I had some issues when windows automatically tried to update my x98 hardware so I’ll just put this here:

Go to (search bar) “Advanced system  settings”. There tap on the Hardware tab.  Click on “Device installation settings “. Now just choose “No”.

You dont have to do this of course , but it can save you some hassle..

Guldu Mia
    Participant

Hi,

I think my Teclast X98 Plus was upgrading windows 10 over the night, and the power shut down. When I start it again next morning it fails to boot windows 10.  My Tab had only one OS-Win10.   Do you know how to revive my Windows 10 back?

Thanks

Gal
    Participant

Crete a bootable USB installation and boot from it, then when the installation starts, chose “repair existing …” From there try to reset the OS.

Nemix
    Participant

You know this only works for newly installed hardware right?

This existed in Windows Vista, 7 and 8…it does not stop Windows from fetching driver updates via Windows Update.

I’ve always disabled this setting on all my machines since Vista because I do not like Microsoft drivers to automatically install when make changes in my PC’s hardware ex: videocard upgrade but again it does not stop Windows Update from giving you new drivers updates once you’ve installed drivers for 1st time on that new hardware.

This is the biggest reason why I’ve not updated to Windows 10 on some of my machines that only have Windows 7 or 8 Home, on the machines that have Pro I’ve updated to Windows 10 and I still have one more Pro key left over saving it for a Windows tablet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar