display drivers crashing? do an update!!!

display drivers crashing? do an update!!!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum display drivers crashing? do an update!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

so ive had an issue with my X98 pro where the drivers would crash all the time.   I’ve been running the intel updte assistant for a few days now, and its finally found new drivers!!!!

new drivers start with a 15,  the drivers that came with this tablet started with a 10.

10.18.15.4256 -> 15.40.1.64.4256

will be interesting to see if such a difference in drivers changes the FPS in games @chris  as I remember a few years ago for the AMD 5770 there was a drivers update that improved performance by almost 20%.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Installed it, not sure what difference it makes if any. But it can’t be worse!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

William
    Participant

Since the update I haven’t had a  single display driver crash.  so its at least better in that regard 🙂

Sam Parr
    Participant

I found the update yesterday too after installing the Intel Update Utility, the crashing is still there. I don’t know about you, but mine doesn’t resume from the “lock” state (not sleep) and I have to force the thing off and back on, very annoying as its making it nearly un-usable!

William
    Participant

Interesting.  I haven’t had a single issue since the update.

Maybe its one of your other drivers causing issues?

Sam Parr
    Participant

I gave it a thorough test yesterday, it still crashes the display driver multiple times, but its hard to say what’s causing it, it just seems to be fairly random, maybe flicking between windows. However, 30 minutes of gaming was 100% fine. I may un-install the drivers completely and re-install!

Sam Parr
    Participant

After upgrading to Windows 10 Insider Preview, I found that the CPU will just sit at 2.2ghz constantly and not settle down, this was causing some over-heating issues, so I restored down to the normal version of windows.

After restoring, every driver (wifi, bluetooth, display, touch screen & more) had stopped working, gave some weird error like “device relying on other driver to start), so I uninstalled all the faulty drivers, rebooted, then everything re-installed and has worked perfectly since! Strange.

Dirkblaster
    Participant

Since installing the latest drivers I’m now getting random crashes that weren’t happening before doing normal browsing. Weird!

William
    Participant

Hmmmmm I just started getting random crashes today as well….. interesting …. I wonder what’s causing it.

Sam Parr
    Participant

Okay, well mine started crashing again last night…..it can’t even stay in a game for over 10 minutes either.

Nobody should buy this tablet, I was really excited for the Cherry Trail version, but now regretting it.

Theo
    Participant

Mine turned of by itself a few times and only was reading webpage. Then after the last shutdown some things didnt work anymore. Used the reset option but half way through that it did shut down because it was too hot. Just send it back to the shop i bought it. They will send a new one.

William
    Participant

Ok, so I just went into the Intel control panel, and it  I’m using the previous version of the driver…… so no idea what’s going on.

The Intel driver also thinks I have windows 10 pro installed.  but I swear it said I had windows 10 home somewhere else…..

Anyway I’m installing the graphic drivers again.  hopefully it actually installs this time…..

Dirkblaster
    Participant

I finally gave up and rolled back to the 10.x drivers. Definitely seems to be more stable and even possibly snappier/more accurate with the touchscreen than the 15.x drivers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar