DIY screen lamination

DIY screen lamination

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum DIY screen lamination

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Onkar Gulavani
    Participant

Hello all,

Even before i bought my Chuwi hi 12 , I was searching for any solution to laminate tablet screen using some LOCA UV glue similar to this,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IOPYLJE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4GHEE3PJVAKG&coliid=IN72IN9S0GT0S&psc=1

But I am not sure if this solution work for my purpose. and also I don’t want to take risk of opening my screen touch panel before watching a guided  disassembly video online. Did anyone gave any though on this..? Or if anyone can share the procedure to disasseble the complete tablet.

I would like to request the admin Chris to discuss on this topic. ☺

Robert A
    Participant

Well…I’ve bricked a Hi12 and ruined the BIOS chip. I bought another one (2 are still cheaper than a Surface Pro!). In the meantime, I wait for my heat gun and new winbond bios chip to replace, if that repair doesn’t work…I’ll attempt to dismantle the LCD and look at this to apply to my functional one.

What you’re suggesting does make sense…and seems like a no-brainer. It would help with brightness/glare and touch response also I believe.

If it’s not laminated with UV glue onto the LCD, how do you figure the glass is attached? Just with double sided tape around the edges? I can’t imagine that because if that would be the case on such a huge screen…you’d have dead touch spots in the middle and feel the flex with pressure…it must be some other method?

Edit: After reading some posts around the forums, I noticed that there quite a few people stating touch response is poor around the center, so perhaps it is just adhesive around the edges.

Onkar Gulavani
    Participant

Thanks for reply Robert.

Yes, most of the Chinese tablets are not laminated, and touch panel (front glass) is only attached with double sided tape on the edges. and the screen is attached to the frame with some kind of double sided glue as well.

Its good that you have a spare tablet to do the experiments. If you can share some pics, or a video of how to disassemble the screen and touch panel, that would be great. I want to try laminating my screen, since it is a great panel, but because of air gap it is not giving its best in daytime viewing.

Robert A
    Participant

I have bought a Matte screen protector from Aliexpress in the meantime. It seems slightly shorter (doesn’t cover the complete bezel) than the actual screen as if it was made for another tablet but the camera hole lines up, but I don’t see the edges of it underneath my fake leather case :p (also from aliexpress). Does work very well to prevent glare and hide distracting finger prints on the factory installed glossy screen protector.

Lee
    Participant

I think your going to have huge trouble with bubbles

Onkar Gulavani
    Participant

I have a glass screen protector and I am happy with it. But just for fun, I want to try laminating my screen.

Lee: Yes, that is my another concern about laminating the screen, as I dont have any professonal level vacuum chamber. 😛

Anyways, I think I just want to laminate some screen, 😛 Better I will buy some cheap 100$ tablet and try on it. Then I can turn towards my Chuwi Hi12.

Ernest Nava
    Participant

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure I understand your message. Could you please provide more context or information on what you mean? I would be happy to help if you can give me more details. Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar