Do you regret getting a 4:3 tablet?

Do you regret getting a 4:3 tablet?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Do you regret getting a 4:3 tablet?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LifeIsOnTheWire
    Participant

I’m on the fence about ordering an X98 Pro when they come out.  The only thing holding me back is the fact that it is a 4:3 ratio.

The high resolution is very appealing, because I plan on using it for editing photos in Adobe Lightroom.  And the 4:3 ratio would be great for that.

Also, web browsing is much better in 4:3 on a small screen.  I have owned several 16:9 devices, and while they are far better for watching videos, I don’t enjoy browsing the web in 16:9 landscape mode.  There just isnt enough vertical space.

Another thing is that I play alot of retro games (emulators, ScummVM, etc), and the 4:3 ratio will work great with those.

Is there anything that you guys do on these tablets that really makes you regret getting a 4:3 tablet?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Definitely not. When the Surface 3 Pro came out I really like the 3:2 ratio. And using these retina tablets, I find the 4:3 ratio is good for everything apart from movies. (Massive boarders) But then again I hardly watch movies now on tablets. And I have my Chuwi Vi10’s 16:9 for that.

Often I find using a 3:2 or 4:3 screen after a while going back to 16:9 seems to wide for the internet. 16:10 I like to. But over all I find the 3:2 of my Surface the best ratio.

Either way it doesn’t take me to long to adjust to each ratio. For a tablet form factor, 4:3 X98 Pro is great for holding and good for the old school games mentioned like Beneath a steel sky, lure of the temptress, old classics I played on the Amiga 500 back in the day.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

LifeIsOnTheWire
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Chris.  I was going to order an X98 Air II based on your positive review on them.

I seem to recall in one of your videos that the X98 Air II screen is laminated, and has no air gap.  I saw another Youtube review of the X98 Air 3G model, and they were complaining about an air gap.

Does the 3G model have an air gap, or was this person mistaken?

Edit:  It seems I was mistaken, i re-read your review, both models have an air gap.  I think I was confusing it with the Cube i7, which apparently has no gap.

TecKnight

I definitely do not regret getting a 4:3 tablet. I actually find the ratio to be more compatible with more of the stuff I do.

I play a lot of games on it, including Steam games.

Kris
    Participant

4:3 screens are great to read comic books too.

The only thing annoying is that till now there are no equivalent (pogo pin connected like i7 etc) keyboards with a touchpad for 9.7 screens.

An asus chi like 2 in 1 with a 9.7 4:3 screen would be amazing .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar