Does x98 pro can read 128 GB Micro SD without any problem?

Does x98 pro can read 128 GB Micro SD without any problem?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Does x98 pro can read 128 GB Micro SD without any problem?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ervin Cruz
    Participant

i am planning to buy a SD CARD for my x98 pro. Upon reading reviews that it has problem detecting or supporting the SD card when it comes to android, I am planning to buy just for the windows OS. I dont care whether the android doesnt read it. I will just use it on my windows os. Also if fyou have any idea of good brand and prices let me know. Im from Thailand so Aliexpress, Gearbuy and banggood is my shop.

chris
    Participant

Hi, yes Windows has no problem with 128gb sdxc card, format either ntfs or exfat. For some stupid reason Android can’t see/mount a 128gb card – its 64bit Android 5.1 so it should, but Teclast seem to have removed some native function, apps can’t use any sort of card although file managers can save files there.

Good luck!

ps mine has just been upgraded by Microsoft to the new version.

Michael Ervin Cruz
    Participant

any brand SD card suggestion? is it required to be SDXC or SDHC is enough? (not sure whats the different)

Gaijin
    Participant

Any fixes for the android issue, I just bought a 128gb card and don’t want to keep swapping it out

Steve
    Participant

Hello guys, I can personally confirm that 128GB SD cards work. Since the bios update it works in Android too, as least for me it does

Michael Ervin Cruz
    Participant

it will be nice if you can provide some screenshot or photos! 🙂 by the way thanks!

Steve
    Participant

I’ll try and remember when I’m home from work

Michael Ervin Cruz
    Participant

thanks!

Gaijin
    Participant

Most importantly how is your card partitioned / formatted, I’d rather not update my BIOS unless I need to, my emmc seems fine and there are a few reports of bricking

Steve
    Participant

Formatted in NTFS haven’t created any separate partitions

This is what Im using – http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010Q57S62?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Steve
    Participant

Just in case that link doesn’t work, try googling this

SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA

Michael Ervin Cruz
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>We will appreciate some screenshot.. working on both OS.. Thanks!</p>

Gaijin
    Participant

I have the same card and it only works in windows at the moment no matter what I format it to, I did re-partition it whilst changing format type and it now has a single Primary partition set active the same as the 64gb card I’m currently using.

If it’s a BIOS limitation then I’m prepared to re-flash it when my USB OTG Hub arrives, but as I said I’d rather not

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password