[Download] Custom EC firmware for better fan management

[Download] Custom EC firmware for better fan management

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series [Download] Custom EC firmware for better fan management

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ferdinand Olah
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t know if you’ve came across this patch, but it increases the temperature threshold where the fans kick in. As one might know this notebook has a notoriously bad reputatation of the fan curve, so this would definitely help. I for one didn’t applied this fan curve patch, only the UV patch and enabled Intel Speed Shift Technology (Intel’s SST is also in this patch zip file, in the readme).
    This patch is from the same guy as the Intel XTU undervolt unlocking patch, namely _Cyb1980_ on reddit and _Cyb_ on the xiaomi forum.
    Cheers,
    Ferdinand
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for this, did you also email this to me a few days ago? Sorry just read it now.

I wonder if this will work on the GTX model? Can’t undervolt on that one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Mike
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Just wondering, did you ever get around to trying this out on the GTX version?  Unsure how much it would help though as your review mentioned most of the temp came from the GPU.

Mike

Chris G
    Keymaster

Sorry I didn’t want to risk it on a machine I had a buyer for. I had a very bad experience doing a bios dump that ended with an almost new laptop bricked and a huge amount of money down the drain.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

doctoren
    Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately, the link no longer directs to the bios. Does anyone still have it and would it work for the TM1604 model?.

Alternatively, does anyone have a newer bios than 0504?

Thanks.

Daniel
    Participant

Hey there,

anyone has the file or a link for skylake 13.3?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password