drivers?

drivers?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus drivers?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    viktoria
    Participant

hi

i have done a complete fresh install from my win10 medium now i need some drivers…
    i there a source where i can find it? i only find a complete image on 51cube.com

kind regards
    viktoria

Xiaoh123
    Participant

I can upload my backups (one is from the untouched chinese version and the other from after a fresh install and full drivers update but it could take long (both are 500Mb each). In the meantime, check sites like Station-Drivers (it’s a french site I use a lot but you can set language to En in the address bar).

Best of luck.

Dim565
    Participant

Hi! You can try this driver pack. I downloaded it from chinese cloud, but not tested personally.

Dan
    Participant

Did you pen work after doing the fresh install? I did the same and I cant get the pen to work at all, even after installing the Wacom Feel drivers

Drachenherz
    Participant

A question about the drivers and win 10 in general: Where/how can I see the name/type/number/whateveritscalled of a specific device, so I can look out and download the needed driver? Is it in -> device manager -> specific device -> properties -> drivers? And what exactly have I to note down, I mean, where is the drivers name and version number?

I hope I could express clear enough what I mean.

And xiaoh: those backups: is that an image of a windows install or a backup of the different drivers? Could I just pick out one specific driver backup and use it? For example, if need shall be, could I just use the touchscreen and wacom drivers? And how did you backup those drivers?

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

Alex
    Participant

@drachenherz I’ve tried a fresh install by downloading all drivers, but I end up with the camera not working and touch screen causing crash now and then.
    I did a new fresh install and then install the driver pack posted by @Dim565 by right clicking -> “Install” on all .inf files before doing any windows update, then reboot and did a Windows Update.

The tablet works perfectly (with a Win10 pro version)

PS: If it can help, I’ve attached screenshots of the device manager BEFORE I did a fresh install

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Drachenherz
    Participant

@Alex:
    Thanks a lot for the info and the screenshot. Good to know that the driver pack works! How’s the chance that there’s any spyware hidden in those “chinese” drivers? I intend to make a fresh install for my ease of mind of having a personally installed windows… 🙂

Alex
    Participant

Device drivers are supposed to be signed, I’m not sure this will prevent any kind of malware, but that’s not like we have any other choices.
    I’ve tried to restore the full image Chris posted here:

Cube Mix Plus(i18)Windows10 Image

With no luck, the image boots but it stays on an empty blue screen for 30s then the tablet shutdown (and nothing has been done)

You might try to download all drivers from official sites, but drivers are not all available, so you’ll end up downloading from Dell or Lenovo for another type of tablet and that where incompatibility will starts.

Drachenherz
    Participant

@Alex
    True dat, the drivers are signed. Ah, I should take off my tinfoil hat and just go with the official driver pack. 🙂

Dan
    Participant

@alex

Did you pen happen to work after you did the fresh install but before you installed the drivers from the Russian website? What about after? I downloaded the Wacom Feel drivers and from what I can tell they’re running, but for some reason I don’t get the HID-compliant digitizer or pen under Human Interface Devices.

Alex
    Participant

@Dan, on my first fresh install attempt, I’ve tried multiple versions of wacom drivers (some refused to install saying that my tablet is to old or something like that) but I’ve never managed to get the screen to work properly (the pen never worked, and the touch screen crashed in some applications).
    On my 2nd attempt, with the driver pack above, everything (seems) to work perfecly, my pen too.

Bogdan Andrei Roman
    Participant

What image of windows 10 did you use? I’d like to keep the licence key from the version it came with, is it possible?

Alex
    Participant

My goal was to have a clean & fresh Windows 10 Professional, so I didn’t care about the original Home edition key.
    I’ve used an original ISO image copied on a USB stick with Rufus.

I’ve read or seen somewhere that the chinese version of Windows 10 Home (downloadable on microsoft site) come with a valid licence key and can be registered (to be verified !).

Dan
    Participant

Not really sure why or how this happened but I went and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and skipped logging into my desktop Microsoft account and the pen worked perfectly, then when I did log into my Microsoft account after logging in with a local one the pen immediately stopped, and logging out wouldn’t fix anything. Reinstalled again and the pen works, without installing any drivers or anything. No idea haha

Dan
    Participant

Spoke too soon, looks like the driver from the default install crashed and wouldn’t restart. Uninstalled it from device manager and reinstalled with the driver pack and the pen started working again, hopefully permanently this time haha.

Thanks again for the help Alex and thanks Dim565 for the driver pack.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password