Dual Boot mi pad 2 (help required for bootx64.efi)

Dual Boot mi pad 2 (help required for bootx64.efi)

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Dual Boot mi pad 2 (help required for bootx64.efi)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Kwan
    Participant

Hi everyone, has anyone been successful with the dual boot install following jigu’s method? (http://en.miui.com/thread-248564-1-1.html)

Lawguy provided a much easier to understand set of instructions (pg 12 of the thread) but I can’t download some of the files required (the bootx64.efi file in the first post) so I’m stuck at the installation of windows portion. I can’t login to the MIUI forums either after signing it I keep getting directed to a failed login page, trying to register a new MIUI account doesn’t work either.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can provide a mega download link to the boot64.efi file, thank you!

Matthew Kwan
    Participant

OK so I messed around trying to make sense of the files (not much of  a flashing and programming person) and I finally got the dual boot up and running! Will find some time next week try to put up a simpler and more organised post in English to help those who are interested.

Cow666
    Participant

Looking forward to your write up.. I’ve seen the chinese one and it scares me 😀

Matthew Kwan
    Participant

Sometimes I think I was crazy to attempt it haha.

Sorry but it’s gonna take a few days before I can get it up, my desktop died and I’ve been running between work and a computer shop to revive it. At the same time I’ve faced some problems:

• Time: on every reboot into the alternate OS, time and date settings get messed up. Good news is OneNote and and my other syncing apps haven’t faced any conflict issues.
    • Power: got stuck at 90+% (whether in windows or android) and would only increase when charging but never go down with use. Resulted in sudden death (didn’t realise I had been using it for quite some time) so went into device manager to update battery and whatever might be related, which led to…
    • Update system drivers in Device manager: can’t remember what exactly I updated, but after it rebooted the efi boot was changed and I lost access to windows till I could redo it with USB hub, thumb drive, keyboard and mouse again. Was easy to fix it back but my desktop died and that took priority.

in other news, its Friday in Singapore tomorrow, I’ll try to squeeze out some time over the weekend to get a picture tutorial and files download up and going. Any recommendations for a hosting site to use?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar