Dual boot RemixOS & Windows 10 on touch tablets

Dual boot RemixOS & Windows 10 on touch tablets

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Dual boot RemixOS & Windows 10 on touch tablets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kamal
    Participant

Hello everyone and thanks for these great relea<span id=”searchBubble” class=”searchBubble”></span>ses!!

I’m interested in a dual boot with RemixOS and Window 10 without using the keyboard.

I have RemixOS <b>efi folder </b>extracted and running on the same partition of WIndows (C: ), and I can boot through <b>UEFI</b> normally.
    THe problem is – this requires to enter the BIOS in order to chose UEFI OS, which means requires having the keyboard attached to enter the BIOS settings. and being a tablet, I don’t have the keyboard with me all the time.

I’m looking for a way to boot into RemixOS from Windows 10, without the need for the keyboard, by using a <b>batch file</b> script or any other application available that will restart the device and boot directly into RemixOS.

I also want to keep both Windows 10 and RemixOS on the same partition , without the need for a separate partition for RemixOS

I know that some chinese tablets have an icon on Windows desktop in order to boot into Android, and other devices based on Legacy can use easyBCD and iReboot to achieve this, but I couldn’t find an equivalent for UEFI bios.

Maybe using METRO boot manager and add an entry for RemixOS? IS it touch enabled?

I’d be grateful for any help to achieve this! Thanks in advance!

Geronimo
    Participant

Hello Kamal, have you managed this? Is it possible to install a touch enabled bootloader?

Kamal
    Participant

It turned out that my device Lenovo miix 700 had already a touch enabled BIOS which is very handy!

I can also boot into BIOS when it’s turned off by pressing the volume up+power buttons together, without the need to boot into Windows first

I didn’t look for an alternative since then

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar