Essential Accessories

Essential Accessories

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Essential Accessories

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Russ Dyer
    Participant

So Far I have on my list the following,

10.1 Inch Transparent Screen protector Film For PIPO M9/P9  – hoping this fits until the release of one made specifically for the tablet

10.1 Inch Leather Case With Folding Stand For PIPO M9 Tablet – hoping this case will fit

3M Fabric Braided Flat Micro USB Charger Data Sync Cable For Tablet Cellphone – because you always need a longer cable to charge while using.

Micro HDMI Male D to HDMI Female A Jack Adapter Cable Convertor – for presentations at work.

USB Wireless dual band adapter – for some pen testing and hacking fun

Russ Dyer
    Participant

Still looking for a decent screen protector and case. I have a cheap screen protector which I had to cut to fit and a cheap case at the moment.

Viktor
    Participant

3M Fabric Braided Flat Micro USB Charger Data Sync Cable For Tablet Cellphone – because you always need a longer cable to charge while using.

You mean something like this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-3ft-1M-2M-3M-Durable-Braided-Micro-USB-Cable-Charger-Data-Sync-Cable-Cord-For/32409663663.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.moMMuk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_2_79_78_77_82_80_62_81_61,searchweb201560_4

Won’t be good enough, it has too much loss – charging will be way too slow for a battery this big.

You will need something like this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ugreen-Micro-USB-cable-Fast-Charging-Adapter-5V2A-1m-2m-3m-Data-charger-Mobile-Phone-Cable/32391749504.html

This is the best cable I have come across until now, but still you might go for a 2m version instead for added stability in data transfer.

I think the most important accessory is a memory card because you will fill the 64 gigs very rapidly. With the memory card you can move your libraries to drive D: along with your installed apps, leaving C: for the system and for the apps (like Office 2016, Chrome) that need to be on Drive C.

Russ Dyer
    Participant

Anyone found a good screen protector and case (non keyboard case) ?

Russ Dyer
    Participant

I did order the BlitzWolf chargin brick and its working well for charging two devices at once with the full 2 amps each.

Megaman Hertz MX
    Participant

im looking for a good HDMI cable i have one of a old TV Stick, but its very short

kurai
    Participant

HDMI transmits a digital rather than analogue signal so quality of the cable isn’t too crucial. It will either work fully, or not at all – no middle ground.
    No need to go mad with expensive silliness like gold-plated connectors and individually shielded conductors that some of the con artist cable manufacturers advertise.

Pretty much any commonly available microHDMI to HDMI cable or microHDMI to HDMI adapter + regular HDMI to HDMI cable will do the job.

Megaman Hertz MX
    Participant

Thanks for the info man better I’m going to get a adapter

Diego Cayuela
    Participant
    kurai
    Participant

The 2nd one has a magnetic “clip” so it sticks to the bezel of the tablet. Since the Chuwi Hi10 case is plastic that’s of no real help. In fact the magnetic “sleep” sensor on the Hi10 seems to be far too sensitive so you may end up shutting down the tablet every time the magnet gets close.
    The Shelley one with the wider tip also has a fatter body – I gather that slimmer traditional “pen” shaped stylii like the first one are better for writing text/notes while the fatter ones are considered better for freehand drawing.

Otherwise the only difference is the size of the tip. Smaller tips let you see more of the area you are drawing and supposedly aid precision, but larger tips register contact better so, in the end, may end up being more accurate in real world use. Both factors vary enormously depending on the exact type & properties of the material used for the tip.

Only real way to know which will suit you best would be to try each yourself. Not terribly helpful advice, I know, considering these are random nameless factory generics and will only ever appear online on BangGood/AliExpress/Amazon/eBay etc, not in retail shops where you can test/compare them.

Diego Cayuela
    Participant

The 2nd one has a magnetic “clip” so it sticks to the bezel of the tablet. Since the Chuwi Hi10 case is plastic that’s of no real help. In fact the magnetic “sleep” sensor on the Hi10 seems to be far too sensitive so you may end up shutting down the tablet every time the magnet gets close. The Shelley one with the wider tip also has a fatter body – I gather that slimmer traditional “pen” shaped stylii like the first one are better for writing text/notes while the fatter ones are considered better for freehand drawing. Otherwise the only difference is the size of the tip. Smaller tips let you see more of the area you are drawing and supposedly aid precision, but larger tips register contact better so, in the end, may end up being more accurate in real world use. Both factors vary enormously depending on the exact type & properties of the material used for the tip. Only real way to know which will suit you best would be to try each yourself. Not terribly helpful advice, I know, considering these are random nameless factory generics and will only ever appear online on BangGood/AliExpress/Amazon/eBay etc, not in retail shops where you can test/compare them.

Wow, thanks for the insight 🙂

I’ll be buying the the Vi10 Ultimate 64gb (too many issues with the Hi10, and I like  the Vi10 build glass + metallic bezel).

I’ll have the dock keyboard too but I’d love having a stylus too, so the magnetic one would stick to the bezel? Any stylus recommendation on banggood?

Russ Dyer
    Participant

I get most of my cables from monoprice, as they are very affordable. HDMI cables are pretty much all similar so no need for expensive ones.

Monopole.com

Ashraf
    Participant

@Russ,

Can you please post a link for your blitzwolf charger.

Russ Dyer
    Participant
    Ashraf
    Participant

Thank You Russ..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar