exFAT full support for android, to fix SD card issues

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion exFAT full support for android, to fix SD card issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BoostUpStation 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

liberatemail
    Participant

I always have issues with my 128Gb Sundisk Ultra card. Files constantly lost under Windows, and check disk make situation only worse. Finally solution I found when formated SD to exFat, get it works flawless. Only problem is exFat not supported by our android, lucked to solve this as described following:

Need a root, and Chainfire SuperSU installed.

Download the archive, unzip. Using explorer (I used Root Browser) copy all 11 files, exept “install-recovery-2.sh” to the system folder  /system/xbin/

Copy file install-recovery-2.sh to  /system/etc

Give to all permission to 755 (rwxr – rwx)

In the folder /system/etc/ find the file init.ufo.sh and open it for editing (I used built-in editor of Root Browser). Before the last line (exit 0) insert the following line  /system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh

Reboot, the SDcard is mounted automatically as sdcard1.

Enjoy full support for exFAT (and NTFS too, in this drivers pack). Sure it will work on other Techlast’s too

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

liberatemail
    Participant

Screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gates007
    Participant

Hi, do you know if this will work in other dual boot tablet like Chuwi? I currently have a Chuwi Hi8 Air and having similar issue with the android 5.1 not reading exfat or NTFS… only works in Fat32

BoostUpStation
    Participant

I couldn’t find the file init.ufo.sh in system/etc folder

Didn’t find it in any versions of android

Currently using 6.0

Please help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password